metal detector

Guest newarcher1

Guest newarcher1

hi everyone i have been detecting for about 12 months with my garrett euroace, now feel i want to upgrade , and have seen a nice minelab explorer 11, which is an older machine now , but still seems to have good reviews ,does anyone on here use it , or suggestions please for a newer machine

Explorer is a real marmite machine-you will need a degree in Technology to get them to beat newer machines and then you will spend 90% of your time fiddling with the settings while everybody else gets on with it. I have a Fisher F75 in vgc with dedicated sunlight probe fitted and predator headphones if you are interested-I am about to put it on the bay but feel free to read up on the machine and get back to me-I'm in no hurry, bought it last year and not used it once due to health issues.

hello, i have been detecting for years and used many machines but now i changed my minelab safari due to its weight but a very good detecter, now have a garret euroace and finding lots of stuff although not quite as deep. the explorer is multi frequency as the safari, if you cant do the deus that fisher is good and light and a good upgrade

I had an explorer II for a long time. A good machine, but heavy and you need to work slowly with it.

They are getting old now. Make sure it is in good working order.

P.S. Got a deus now :)

I've had the Explorer II since they came out. It is heavy etc. Is the Deus that much better??

hello, metal detecters come in all variations and price but you dont need to spend a fortune to get something suitable, you can get switch on and go or put in your own programmes, multi or single frequency, so many variations if your buying new take your time and study reviews and what you will detect on field/beach. 2 important things to remember high and low frequency but not always true high for small stuff low for not so small but deep, i found a silver lizzy 1st shilling 2 ft deep in solid blue clay with the safari. i know the deus is popular but expensive but remember if you are not over a artifact ?????/ newarcher if you give me more details money to spend etc i can give my opinion but i think the euro ace is a great machine

hello, metal detecters come in all variations and price but you dont need to spend a fortune to get something suitable, you can get switch on and go or put in your own programmes, multi or single frequency, so many variations if your buying new take your time and study reviews and what you will detect on field/beach. 2 important things to remember high and low frequency but not always true high for small stuff low for not so small but deep, i found a silver lizzy 1st shilling 2 ft deep in solid blue clay with the safari. i know the deus is popular but expensive but remember if you are not over a artifact ?????/ newarcher if you give me more details money to spend etc i can give my opinion but i think the euro ace is a great machine, i see there was another thread on detecting with quite a few jokes or non interested, i have never been lucky to find a hoard but when you find a 17th century gold ring at £500 it can be worth taking up but now it has become a business for quite a few people and some charge OTT money. we are most shooters and if you have a perm for shooting maybe the land owner will let you go. i am now retired so a day out for me is morning trout/ afternoon detect/night shoot vermin until i get my shotty permit then it will be pigeon pie :good::lol:

I've had the Explorer II since they came out. It is heavy etc. Is the Deus that much better??

They are different.

I always had the feeling I could be missing things with the Explorer if I was going too fast.

I do not have this feeling with the deus. The response of it it amazing.

The deus is probably not quite as deep, but you will still be digging big holes.

Deus is very light.

The deus will work on very dry ground where I found the explorer could start to lose performance.

You won't dig coke with an explorer - you will wilth a deus unless you discriminate it out (always concerned what I could be missing then).

I only tried the beach once with the Deus and gave up. Explorer - no problems on wet sand.

All in all, I will keep with my deus. Both good machines, but the deus is more enjoyable to use.

I am surprised nobody recommended the XP goldmax power.

With everyone getting the XP Deus, the older, but very good, goldmax powers must be flooding the market now.

hello, yes the gold max power is a very good detector and worth a consider/ very popular before the deus. what ever detector it pays to get the settings right for the type of soil/sand used on and dont over do DISC as many artifacts are the same as say silver paper, the oldest piece i found was a bronze age coat toggle newest was a chocolate coin some mutt head was dropping in dry land crack on a big rally :rolleyes::lol:

If price is a defining factor.

I have had a Minelab Explorer SE, brilliant, weighs a ton and would give Eddie Hall tennis elbow.

Teknetics T2, virtually identical to the Fischer F75. Nice machine and you will not miss a coin if it is there.

Goldmaxx pro, good machine as any owner will tell you but I have to admit I never really got the hang of it. My fault rather than the machine and I can't really pass judgement.

Now, I have a Teknetics Eurotek Pro. Cheap and cheerful compared to the others but I rate very very nearly as good as the T2.

I would like a Deus but they are not the be all and end all (nor is any other machine) and are about £1k more than I want to pay.

Very easy to get wrapped up in better and better machines. I know plenty of folk that find more with their Garret 150 than some do with their Deus.