Black ********

kyska

I have (had) a lovely haven for the song birds, lots of established bushes and namely a large silver beech, I've encouraged them with food and it's been a hive of activity, last few days 3 carrion have been mooching and I can only guess they've been destroying, the garden is quiet.

I've pics of the 3, just can't post them but they are brazen,.

I've finally got my .17 back from woody on here which he borrowed weeks ago, so they are going to get hmr'ed tomorrow from the bedroom window, I'm not one for shooting birds in the garden, but this has really annoyed me.

I know they are only doing what they 'do', it seems these 3, presuming they are the same birds know where their bread is buttered.

Fancy a under barrel HW rifle as remember being the first decent air rifle I used, belonging to my late great uncle.

That one was stolen which is a bad shame, as the sentimental value was high.

I was a young (er) lad back then and can't remember the exact model or scope.

Fancy a under barrel HW rifle as remember being the first decent air rifle I used, belonging to my late great uncle.

That one was stolen which is a bad shame, as the sentimental value was high.

I was a young (er) lad back then and can't remember the exact model or scope.

HW77, loverrrrly

Similar situation .Two magpies raiding the bird table and hunting in the hedgerow . Got them both within 15 minutes with an air rifle from the bedroom window . Incidently I shot the first one and set it up on the lawn and within minutes the other one came and sat on the bird table and was killed instantly .

Harnser

if I didnt shoot the magpies and crows we would have no bird life other than them

When I arrived 7 years ago we had 14 magpies in a enclosed courtyard type affair approx 300yds by 50yds.

its full of big 50ft mature trees as well as all the back gardens and a lane accessing the garages

other than the occasional blackbird we had nothing else

I put up two bird boxes and we feed the adjacent garage roof and bird table regularly

the magpies are relentless

I shot 25-30 the first year

over 20 the second year

continued shooting the magpies and a few crows/jackdaws that strayed in every year since then

have had 12 magpies, 2 crows and a jackdaw this year so far

had 3 in 10 minutes one morning!! made my day!

as a direct result ....we now have two resident blackbird pairs, one on its second clutch already

two families of swifts that have now been back three years running

in addition to regular sightings of:

blue tit, great tit, yellow wagtail, grey wagtail, bullfinch, tree sparrows, a veritable flock of up to 20 collared doves, song thrush, chaffinch, etc etc

predator control in a limited and enclosed environment is essential to promote biodiversity

Edited by Bewsher500