land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they do look good, they were in a fair old state, looked good when i got them re galvanised, then realised the galv had stuck them all together, and seized all the springs and latches, then they looked even worse when i attacked them with the blow torch in a failed attempt to free them, enter the man they call Ditchie, bish bosh bang, and there like new in pride of place,

morel of the story, if anyone has got anything thats broke or tatty, send it to simon, he will sort it out :lol::lol::lol::lol: he loves it, more than most :good::good:

is the wiring in his hand on the second pic connected to the Landy then and he needs to wire them to the plug? If so a few mins with a multi meter should be all that's needed :whistling::lol:

Found this on a Freelander forum:

If the Freelander uses the BS AU7 colours, then:

Black - ground

Green / red - left indicators

Green / white - right indicators

Green / brown - reverse lamp

Green / purple - stop lamps

Red / yellow - fog lamp

Red - side and tail lights

So that would mean the wiring of the socket should be:

Black - ground - Pin 3
Green / red - left indicators - Pin 1
Green / white - right indicators - Pin 4
Green / brown - reverse lamp - not used
Green / purple - stop lamps - Pin 6
Red / yellow - fog lamp - Pin 2
Red - side and tail lights - Pins 5 + 7
Edited by old_n07

Not a good job if you are colour blind :lol:

I remember some time ago I was out walking the dog and met a friend as we talked I saw something in a nearby tree I cannot remember quite what colour it was I think it was red anyway I pointed it out to him but he could not see it I thought it is plane as day he must be kidding me that he cannot see it untill he said oh by the way I am colour blind.

finally managed to locate the correct reverse light i need, found it via the lucas part number, L691, :good::good:

so now iv got a small one, a square one, and i just bought a new front side light the other day to use, now im going to buy one of theses, so thats around £50 messing about with reverse lights :lol::lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/52548-side-indicator-light-lamp-unit-COMPLETE-CLEAR-replaces-Lucas-L691-/301682293259?hash=item463daa7a0b:g:RnsAAOSwPcVVm9HR

I remember some time ago I was out walking the dog and met a friend as we talked I saw something in a nearby tree I cannot remember quite what colour it was I think it was red anyway I pointed it out to him but he could not see it I thought it is plane as day he must be kidding me that he cannot see it untill he said oh by the way I am colour blind.

My son has problems with reds and greens. However he is ok on white neck ring and wing bars he dont miss many of them. :lol:

It always seems funny to me that most cars/trucks with tow hooks seem to have two electric connectors I do not get that years ago yes but today you would have thought that it would have been standardised so that you would have just one socket rant over.

I had a friend who was an instrument technician for many years yet she was colour blind but somehow she did it and nothing bad went wrong.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

is the wiring in his hand on the second pic connected to the Landy then and he needs to wire them to the plug? If so a few mins with a multi meter should be all that's needed :whistling::lol:

Found this on a Freelander forum:

So that would mean the wiring of the socket should be:

Black - ground - Pin 3

Green / red - left indicators - Pin 1

Green / white - right indicators - Pin 4

Green / brown - reverse lamp - not used

Green / purple - stop lamps - Pin 6

Red / yellow - fog lamp - Pin 2

Red - side and tail lights - Pins 5 + 7

Does this mean I have to split the red wire to go in 5 and 7??

And why isn't the green and brown wire used.