land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

whilst looking at land rovers for the past god knows how many years iv seen a fer silver or stornoway grey like this one, whith the roof and wheel arches painted black and iv always thought they looked nice, this has the black roof already, asked the lad when he got it painted and he said its just a wrap, so i was thinking of getting the wheel arches done too just to see what it looks like, if i dont like it i can just have it taken off, then i had a thought of putting in some dark tinted side windows and iv seen them like this before and like that look to,

now in mot trying to pimp it up or anything but there are a fer things im going to do to it,

on the sides on the inside there are some sound proofing boards, dont look great but ok, so my thoughts were sound proofing sheets and then some of these,

i want to put a couple of bench seats in the back just so it doesnt look so vanish,

and i may change the side steps.

and i dont like spare wheel covers so that is coming off, only thing is there is juat a standard boost alloy there, so ill have to buy a new sawtooth,

promises i wont get carried away :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you are thinking about spending some money on it have a look at these steps I really like them.

good idea in principal, but iv never really used any side step to get in or out, more just for show :yes::yes:

I have to say that I agree with you there was some nice chrome side steps on my 2000 jeep cherokee when I got it but I soon got rid of them as I did not use them and when you get it all of the dirt gets on your leg as it brushes against it.

Where the steps come in handy is for little people or children or if you decide to put a lift on it for going off road I must confess that when I got in a friends Land Rover as I am not used to it I did find it a bit high to get into without a step it was an army land rover he used to repair them for the TA so I do not now if they are raised at all.

rite, cant believe im asking this as it sounds so gay, but, the tyres on this new land rover are general grabbers i think, now with these tyres i like the white writing on the side, only these dont have it, unless hes had them put on so its on the inside, whet would be the best way to to this back on, on the BFG tyres all the letters are coloured white, on the grabbers it seems to be just the outside of the letters.please forgive me for asking such a question :/:/

post-9513-0-86186600-1502641976_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-61877000-1502641987_thumb.jpg

its a van.................will you sign write it and use it for work ?

If it has not got windows in the side behind the drivers doors its a van :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Just out of interest if what I said in the line above is correct which I think it is this gets us into the if it is to be regarded as a van would that affect the road tax or insurance as it would be regarded as a commercial Vehicle.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

If it has not got windows in the side behind the drivers doors its a van :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Just out of interest if what I said in the line above is correct which I think it is this gets us into the if it is to be regarded as a van would that affect the road tax or insurance as it would be regarded as a commercial Vehicle.

If landrover were made by Morris.................would that vehicle be known as "Van-Morrison".............