First goose this season

Jordanrussell123

Cause I'm lucky to have shooting on feilds ,but on the foreshore it's being a waste of time .thats why !!!!!and for the record I don t class shooting over stubble/grass or tattoo feilds as wildfowling duno about you guys ??

Cause I'm lucky to have shooting on feilds ,but on the foreshore it's being a waste of time .thats why !!!!!and for the record I don t class shooting over stubble/grass or potatoe feilds as wildfowling duno about you guys ??

Edited by Scottish wildfowler

I would think most on this forum would feel the same as you about the unsportsman like behaviour of some, and I empathise with you, but you are going the wrong way about it and put peoples backs up, although you may not care about that. The ones you need to speak are the ones doing it, not berating the users of this forum. They are a good bunch in this section of PW.

Cause I'm lucky to have shooting on feilds ,but on the foreshore it's being a waste of time .thats why !!!!!and for the record I don t class shooting over stubble/grass or potatoe feilds as wildfowling duno about you guys ??

The high shooting and roost shooting is not always visitors to the Scottish foreshore. Indeed on my visits to Scotland most high shooting seems to take place at the weekend despite English fowlers being out all week. That indicates local fowlers skybusting. I was talking to a couple of local Scottish guys in the Nith Hotel a few years ago and reconed they usually went out on the roost if they wanted a goose. I am not saying English fowlers are inocent , because they some times are not , but nore are the Scottish fowlers, both groups are doing it.

Sometimes over doing it. A couple of mates had a good morning over decoys with a Scottish gide and decided they had shot enough. There Guide got mad at them insisting they keep shooting as long as the geese were comming into the field. In his own words " I brought you here to shoot geese , not blo**y bird watching so take the next lot when they come in". My mates packed up and left him to it.

Edited by anser2

No I don't count it as wildfowling either , I can understand your frustration at people high shooting but I would bet my house its not just the English visitors doing it .

As a side point do you think those English visitors that do it only do so when in Scotland ? of course not they do it here too , its something we all have to suffer at times.

But you need to be speaking to those that are doing it not having a moan on here and tar us all with the same brush.

There was a similar thread on here last season with a few wash guys saying they thought the guys who travel a distance to the wash were responsible for the high shooting not the locals, it happens every where you go and isn't just the visitors!

[quote name="fenboy" post="2925891" timestamp="1445425506"

But you need to be speaking to those that are doing it not having a moan on here and tar us all with the same brush.

Correct FB

Also the flip side is You could be ( please not I said Could ) a Inland shooter that as soon as a Goose paddle touch's Earth you out with Decoys all day every day sky busting.

Something I've seen many many times over the years from all different types of Nationally

So you get the Inland Shooter blame the Foreshore and the Foreshore blame the Inland. Again over the year I have personally had my Sport ruined by Both type's of Shooter.

I personally shoot Geese on the Foreshore and Inland already this season I've been very lucky to have Pink's Greylag and 13 Whitefront's feeding daily from 12th September on land I shoot as yet those Pink's have not had a shot fired at them because they are doing no damage or harm to crop.But I know plenty of place's/people who would have been shooting them from 12th September.

Unfortunately Geese and Goose shooting definitely brings out the Worst and Green Eyed Monster in many that pursue Geese it was going on when I started 45 years ago and will admit with the exceptional high number's of Geese the UK gets know it's getting worse every season ALL over the UK and by people from around the World.

• 3 weeks later...

I put 3" HP steel through my 1950's Midland Gun Company magnum with no issues. Choked 1/4 & 1/2.

I know you shouldn't put hp steel through a gun without fleur de lys, but can I ask the op if he uses hp steel in the aya? Or has anyone else for that matter.

I really like the thought of a sxs for wildfowling.

This old chestnut again!

I know it has been done to death, but I'm interested in an aya matador and not all guns are the same. I was just wondering if anyone has experience of using hp steel in an aya.

I put 3" HP steel through my 1950's Midland Gun Company magnum with no issues. Choked 1/4 & 1/2.

Thanks. You pays your money and takes your chance I suppose.

This is what the downside of free access is

Long waits down here and lots of hoops to jump through to get in a club but you don't get people flightline you and such

Numbers and mention of them will always create criticism

It's not hard to shoot a lot of geese on the right marsh

I myself had a cracking weekend here on the English foreshore

How about a write up. No need for places, etc.

This is what the downside of free access is
Long waits down here and lots of hoops to jump through to get in a club but you don't get people flightline you and such
Numbers and mention of them will always create criticism
It's not hard to shoot a lot of geese on the right marsh
I myself had a cracking weekend here on the English foreshore