Quiet Sunday Afternoon

sitsinhedges

It's roost shooting time again and I missed out on my Saturday afternoon foray because of the rain so decided to go today instead. The farmer is a bit twitchy about gunfire rolling around his woods at the best of times and particularly so on a Sunday so I took the Husher and a bit of Swedish Army netting which is rubberised and heavy as a result so not so affected by the wind. I tried to get an idea where the birds were entering the wood and set up on the edge against a bramble thicket, sat on a shooting stick.

It took a few shots to get into the swing of things but I soon started getting some good kills. I had to stop every few to go and collect them in the wood before I lost track of where they had fallen. I'm usually fortunate if I can get out of single figures so was really pleased to pick up 23 birds today from about 2:30 to 3:45 Really must get a dog though.

The Husher is now sporting its new neoprene 'forend' in the photo, which makes it much warmer to hold in the cold weather. I'm also pretty sure the lack of noise helped to make a good bag rather than scare the birds out of the county.

20151115_160333_zpsuumncbnt.jpg