EU firearms licensing directive

shootgun

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likly the same as.when the pistol ban came in . You hand them in at you local police station . You get a receipt to keep then you apply for compensation that you wont get . Trust me when i say it leaves a bitter taste in ones mouth .

yes especially if you got shafted twice like some of us that got done with the semi auto center fire rifle ban as well,.seem to recall i lost about £3000 WITH £50 comp per firearm taking the ****.

we shipped em all to Belgium to avoid em being put thru the chop saw.

Edited by Remimax

Bureaucrats are the least qualified people to comment or impose laws on firearms. They have to be seen to be acting in the wake of this type of event. Every time a knee jerk reaction to crimes involving firearms has come off, it has made no discernible difference to actual public risk. Something the UK government would do well to consider.

They could ban all guns altogether and it would not prevent this type of atrocity. For heavens sakes, what do they think, that Terrorists-R-Us just waltz into a gunshop and hand their certificates over and provide good reason for terrorist activities, or that they are already certificate holders so use that for access to ammunition? Europe does not want the public armed, period, no-matter the reason for holding firearms, so just use any news grabbing issue with firearms involved as justification to restrict freedoms and privileges even more.

In the UK we had a government pre WW1 which encouraged the build up of publicly held arms (although the Pistols Act of 1903 exercised the first real gun control) in case of invasion, only to be countermanded by firearms control brought about by the 1920 Firearms Act which was because of concerns that too many privately held firearms were in circulation. Since that time, the UK has amended legislation many times and currently has some of the most robust gun control laws in Europe and they work! You simply cannot legislate against criminals or terrorists who obtain, hold and use illegal weapons. They are outside of the system. The chances of legally held firearms being "donated" or sold for such purposes I would suggest is slim to non-existent, so it's quite puzzling as to what the proposed tightening up of legislation aims to achieve other than involve loads of cost for no change in risk, and further alienating legitimate licence holders.

We need to distance ourselves from the EU and as soon as possible. Not content with messing itself up, it will surely continue to erode our remaining liberties and economy should we remain inside the grip of such EU-centric bureaucrats.

I bloody hope they don't band them I'm just starting out in the world of civillan shooting and applyed for a 22lr semi auto I want a ruger 10/22 they said military looking weapons I take they mean assault rifle looking weapons a 10/22 don't look like a assault rifle let's just hope when the vote comes they will see common sense

With MEP's like this https://www.facebook.com/firearmsuk.org/posts/10153472528358122and shooting organisations like we have

Then I would save your money.

Every PW member should contact her by email and ask how many time do owners of military looking guns real or not show then in public? Ban fire crackers not guns. But I expect they will not listen they have their own agendas to look good and move their own career forward and don't care who they walk over in the process.

The only satisfaction you will get is when we final vote yes to leave the EU and she will be out of a job.

so im assuming, using their logic, that a 'tactical' looking 10/22 is a much bigger danger to the public than a more usual, wooden stock 10/22 ?

you really couldnt make it up could you :rolleyes:

I think her view is that every time you get your gun out in a public place like a concert hall everybody who spots it looking like a tactical gun will shout terrorist but if it has a wooden stock they will cheer you and want to be your friend.

It leaves you wondering what planet theses MEPs live on and the unelected power they can abuse we need the American NRA to open an office in the UK.

I think her view is that every time you get your gun out in a public place like a concert hall everybody who spots it looking like a tactical gun will shout terrorist but if it has a wooden stock they will cheer you and want to be your friend.

It leaves you wondering what planet theses MEPs live on and the unelected power they can abuse we need the American NRA to open an office in the UK.

now that should be good.see what they can do over here.

yes that would be good to have an organisation with balls and determination to FIGHT for us.

I have being in contact with a few politicians here, and they are against any more restrictions on firearms. Have the politicians in the rest of the UK and EU learnt nothing from experinces in Northern Ireland, terrorists people will always be able to get firearms tightening firearms controls on law abiding citizens will do nothing to stop that.