Side by side questions

Andra

Surely no one uses two fingers when firing a SBS?.............If the stock is too short or your grip wrong (or slips!) you will skin the knuckle on your middle finger on the back of the trigger guard, the safety slipping back (as opposed to the shooter moving it back intentionally or unintentionally) onto safe after firing one barrel without opening the gun to reload is a fault and needs looking into.

exactly

Thanks for replies - Millrace nobody actually mentioned using two fingers only one is being used and yes it is the index!! Also worth mentioning I am a leftie so the front trigger is slighty further for getting the pad on to than if using the other hand if you get what I mean, that is why I initailly thought the trigger needs adjusted to a bit further back.

I will try a recoil pad to temporarily lengthen stock a bit to see if it makes a difference. Will get the gun into the smiths to get the safety checked out.

BTW I dont have small hands :lol: so it ain't that either lol.

PS - it is a straight hand stock and even does feel a bit shorter than my over and under.

Edited by Andra

Thanks for replies - Millrace nobody actually mentioned using two fingers only one is being used and yes it is the index!! Also worth mentioning I am a leftie so the front trigger is slighty further for getting the pad on to than if using the other hand if you get what I mean, that is why I initailly thought the trigger needs adjusted to a bit further back.

I will try a recoil pad to temporarily lengthen stock a bit to see if it makes a difference. Will get the gun into the smiths to get the safety checked out.

BTW I dont have small hands :lol: so it ain't that either lol.

PS - it is a straight hand stock and even does feel a bit shorter than my over and under.

Yep, in light of you being a leftie, you are reaching too far across for the front trigger, which will give your middle finger a bashing from the guard.

An easy fix fortunately, but it does show you need to be in full receipt of ALL the facts with these things.

Good luck getting it sorted :good:

If your left handed using a right handed double trigger gun the triggers are set wrong for you not in length but the wrong side of the gun

See a gun fitter !!!

They usually give them a tweak on the angle there set at

+ my first post

All the best

Of

Bang on - so to speak!

No the stock is straight no cast.

I have checked out the thumb resetting the safety theory and it def ain't that. It does not reset with snap caps but does with a 29grm 6 cart whatever barrel fired. Gunsmith said it is the spring and easily fixed.

No the stock is straight no cast.

I have checked out the thumb resetting the safety theory and it def ain't that. It does not reset with snap caps but does with a 29grm 6 cart whatever barrel fired. Gunsmith said it is the spring and easily fixed.

get him to bend the triggers over a tad as well,if a gunsmith is looking at it for you...you'll be surprised how much more comfortable it is.

Sounds like my old sbs you have, I bought a sbs with an auto safe as it was a game gun, I took the linkage out to ensure there would be no return to safe when the gun was broke, and still after firing the first shot the safety went back on, put it in to a smith to be repaired and no fault found, any one using the gun found no fault.

Apparently my thumb up style was pulling the safety back on, remedy was to cut of my thumb or use a over and under.

Chiefy

Might be chiefy as you know I got it over your neck of the woods a gunmark kestrel?

Took it into the chap this week I explained it was not happening with snap caps, he popped the safety off thumped the stock on the floor and hey presto gun went back to safety, it is now fixed and I'll pick it up next week and see how it goes am def not shooting thumb up I wrap my thumb whatever the stock. Out for a short walk about tomorrow with the O&U will prob now miss a few looking for the back trigger LOL.

Edited by Andra