Christies gun auction.

shakin stevens

i love the punt guns and especially the double 4 ''lightweight''...........weighing 28lbs...would'nt want the heavy weight version!!

Dougall iv'e looked at that one do you think it could have stared of as a shoulder gun ? my thoughts why would it need a fore stock if it was made as a punt gun ?

also that double four with multi chokes made by Alan Meyers aint a bad price !

DD

Edited by derbyduck

my knowledge of wildfowling pieces you could write on a stamp.....my guess is it is both......double 4s are pretty rare...have only seen single barrel in the flesh...but carrying a 28lb gun out to the foreshore and say getting a couple of pinks and a few duck how the hell would you carry it all back!!?they were tough in them days I guess!

Off the back of this thread I had a look, and then looked again after auction closed. Seems that some of the double barrel 4 & 8 bore wildfowl pieces went for a lot more than the estimate price.

I too like the look of the ALAN MYERS double 4b. But the realised price was £8k; four times the estimated! Ouch!

H&H , purdy & boss seem to have realised at least 50% over the higher estimates, which I suppose is to be expected but begs the question why such low estimates?

Off the back of this thread I had a look, and then looked again after auction closed. Seems that some of the double barrel 4 & 8 bore wildfowl pieces went for a lot more than the estimate price.

I too like the look of the ALAN MYERS double 4b. But the realised price was £8k; four times the estimated! Ouch!

H&H , purdy & boss seem to have realised at least 50% over the higher estimates, which I suppose is to be expected but begs the question why such low estimates?

To grab your attention, get you to the auction and hopefully give you auction fever when there. The property auctions do it all the time.

Alluring Sales technique; i would definitely drink such cool aid!

Best for me to keep clear! I can now see why fatfreddyscat removed himself to the marsh to avoid temptation!

Also I believe u would have to swallow the aution house fee @25%, + 5% vat on import, and then 20% vat on the aution house fee. Ur £8k gun is now c£11k!