Slip on stock exenders

FalconFN

I need to extend the LOP of a gun by around 20 mm (3/4"). I bought some 10 mm ebony with the view that I would do a permanent stock extension but I've had no luck steam bending the bits enough so that idea is out. I am now looking at leather slip-on pads but don't know if tie-on or elasticated gusset types are better, any advice or experience would be great.

They do stain I bought 2 guns off a friend who was packing up.Both are a stained nearly black where they've been left on.Next question is how can I get the stain off not wishing to hijack the post.

They do work very well though.

Edited by wisdom

Be careful they stain the stock. Don't leave it on

They do stain I bought 2 guns off a friend who was packing up.Both are a stained nearly black where they've been left on.Next question is how can I get the stain off not wishing to hijack the post.

They do work very well though.

One of the son in laws put one on his silver pig and it really stained the stock. A furniture restorer frien managed to reset the coloir of the wood and gently remove the stain.

If left on and stock subjected to sunlight then it could leave a taint.

In the son in laws case the stain was not as a result of being left in sunlight. it was a direct stain from the rubber sleeve. I would use one but take it off every time after use. There must have been a chemical reaction from the rubber to the wood