frustrating people

Shotguneddy

My son and I were sighting in a .243 on one permission. The land used to be used by hang glider folks, (farmer has now stopped it). We put out a target at 100 yards, my son took aim and I had to stop him from firing as the hangglider pilots were swooping down in front of the target, brave or dumb, you decide.

:lol: Not laughing at your post, just at a range shoot near to me, there were some Micro lights flying above, estimate around 750 feet up and someone called for a cease fire. I did say that if anyone was shooting in there direction they should have the blunt end of the rifle buried somewhere. .

Firstly I think warning of shooting signs are counter productive to our sports image are those who put them up trying to make antis or what

Nobody is at any risk if we keep to gun safety rules

Trespassers and right to Rome numpties realy get my goat however

On a summer bank holiday I will get people into my garden ready to argue with me it's the footpath often vociferously

My neighbour get people walking into his yard and peering in his windows because some fool white have a look at ### Hall as your passing the path isn't through his yard either

I know sections of Saltmarsh were only special licenced persons are allowed yet people come on and run thier dogs off leash

Half when explained as to why apologise the other half scream coastal access rubbish at you. We have our stupid last labour government to thank for making those rash statements and promises btw

The worst of all this is the I know what I am doing sort

Politely I often tell walkers how difficult a route they are attempting especially in bad weather for thier own safety. Again only half listen it took two days to find the last one who didn't make it

I mean my home is only 200 yards from a tarmacadam road and they are already lost should they realy be walking over 8 miles of barren fell and Moor?

Mostly they do have a map but mostly no compass which don't exactly work to good

Neither does the fact they constantly argue about which way up it goes!

A bit passed being angry with them when they won't listen but frankly I am not going to go out and find them either

I had a "walker experiance " last year while out shooting rabbits with a silenced .22 sat in a hedge bottom waiting in full camo when I saw a group of walkers heading my way here we go I thought,

so I put my rifle down and sat back till they passed, as they got near a very atractive young lady headed about 30yds to one side of me and dropped her kit and relived herself in full view of me (sat in the hedge bottom) :lol:

while her mates kept lookout, her face was a picture when I coughed LOL.

I had a "walker experiance " last year while out shooting rabbits with a silenced .22 sat in a hedge bottom waiting in full camo when I saw a group of walkers heading my way here we go I thought,

so I put my rifle down and sat back till they passed, as they got near a very atractive young lady headed about 30yds to one side of me and dropped her kit and relived herself in full view of me (sat in the hedge bottom) :lol:

Walkers now putting signs out for shooters in hides and hedge bottoms........"Beware Beavers in field" :huh: or was that a Brazilian in your case???..........and next time remember to take some cough mixture with you. :lol:

Had something very similar last year shooting with my dad. A car pulled up in the layby 100 yards from our hide and a man jumped the gate walked down the hedgerow and dropped his kegs about to have a xxxx. Looked like he was taking his time to get it out, so fired two shots in the opposite direction think that did the job for him as he scampered off with his trousers round his ankles, disgusting but bloody haleriuos

its even worse for me on one perm i have there aren,t even any footpaths or rights of way on it but it doesn,t stop locals wanderin past my decoys,they even trudge with there dogs through growing crops but because there is no farmhouse there people just wander about at will.

Firstly I think warning of shooting signs are counter productive to our sports image are those who put them up trying to make antis or what

Nobody is at any risk if we keep to gun safety rules

Trespassers and right to Rome numpties realy get my goat however

On a summer bank holiday I will get people into my garden ready to argue with me it's the footpath often vociferously

My neighbour get people walking into his yard and peering in his windows because some fool white have a look at ### Hall as your passing the path isn't through his yard either

I know sections of Saltmarsh were only special licenced persons are allowed yet people come on and run thier dogs off leash

Half when explained as to why apologise the other half scream coastal access rubbish at you. We have our stupid last labour government to thank for making those rash statements and promises btw

The worst of all this is the I know what I am doing sort

Politely I often tell walkers how difficult a route they are attempting especially in bad weather for thier own safety. Again only half listen it took two days to find the last one who didn't make it

I mean my home is only 200 yards from a tarmacadam road and they are already lost should they realy be walking over 8 miles of barren fell and Moor?

Mostly they do have a map but mostly no compass which don't exactly work to good

Neither does the fact they constantly argue about which way up it goes!

A bit passed being angry with them when they won't listen but frankly I am not going to go out and find them either

Still drunk from the new year celebrations?

At Barton road MOD range just outside Cambridge,there's a public footpath which runs right through it and you need two people to man sentrys either side to stop the public from wandering infront of the guns!

I've never had a stroppy encounter when doing sentry,but i know some have.

ps.This was where the firing range scenes from 'Full Metal Jacket' were filmed.

Im from Comberton, and go out with the Trinity at the end of the range!

I can well belive it...

I could go on and on in quite some length about these sorts of people - although if I said how I really feel on the topic I'd probably get perma-banned :whistling: ... The ignorance and/or sheer arrogance displayed by these wazzocks is both just infuriatingly and incomprehensibly astounding.

Not firearms related, but my main profession is forestry and I've worked for a bunch of conservation organisations over the years but by far and away the worst was for the National Trust.

Don't get me wrong, I loved working for them and the job I did, but it was the utter self important toss bag visitors/members that made it such a nightmare.

We actively had to carry out loads of felling and tree work along the footpaths and ways of access on the estates for public safety reasons so used to have to put diversions or alternative routes in place but even with signs, barriers and ropes cordoning off areas people still just came marauding through despite the fact that trees and branches were crashing down all over the place.

People also actually used to knock the signs aside and pull down the barrier tape/rope as if to make a point of saying "how dare you block my path" :huh:

Used to get sworn at and called every name under the sun simply because they didn't want to have to walk a few hundred meters extra around the area we were working <_<

The amount of times I've been half way through a fell and had to drop what I'm doing to tell people to get the F away as they were about to walk directly where a tree was about to land :oops:
Got to be so bad that we had to carry out a new risk assessment whereby we had to get more staff/volunteers to enforce the perimeters to actually PHYSICALLY stop people from coming in.

Not only that but we always used to put out signs in advance and during whilst we were working saying why we were trimming/felling - i.e. due to safety reasons (unsafe/unhealthy trees), estate management plans (routine thinning/pruning, promotion of other near by trees or understory etc) but the actual serious amount of abuse we got for cutting down the odd tree you'd have thought we were cutting down the entire Amazon! There was actually even an occasion where a fellow ranger was actually attacked when we were cutting down trees for a heathland regeneration project :no:

And dog walkers... Don't even... :ninja:

Edited by HuskyRich

The sign thing gets me. People pulling em off throwing them in hedgerows its like there little xxxxxx kids. Private means private to all you annoying dog Waller's that think you can go anywhere you want scaring off our pheasants, ducks and geese from the big pond we have

Edited by Shotguneddy

We have a 2.5 mile bridleway that cuts accross our farm. We have signs out all year telling owners of dogs to keep their dogs leashed and not let them wonder off the path, they dont listen. More than three occasions this year we have had to stop owners walking around headlands with their unleashed dogs through game strips, and asking them not to do it just makes them confused as they though it is their right to roam. Not on private property ***!

The fact that we is have a shoot here, its highlighted on a sign at every entrance to the bridleways and these people are messing things up makes the blood boil. Even worse when last year on a shoot day a black labrador appears at the back of the gun line and all of a sudden this *******' mutt is picking up shot birds and taking them accross the field through the hedge and to its owner whose the other side! The owner did get an earfull but like most times its in one and out the other.

Jason

Edited by Jason_ox

Had it again this morning set up in the hide ten minutes 2 people walked round the corner with a mutt, looked up and the dogs running off with a dead bird back to its owners even tho there's signs saying private,shooting in progress and keep to footpaths with dogs on leads, very very frustrating