Alarm mine Blanks

Marksman1997

As far as I know the problem with sending is based on them being classed as 'hazardous materials' which is why the cost of carriage is very high.

As you are aware the blanks contain primers and black powder and both are classed as and are explosives so there will not be many couriers prepared to carry them at any price.

TNT will be one of these and as of today their prices to carry packages for RFD's has almost tripled so probably £25 will no longer do it.

Best advice has to be find someone who reloads 12G cartridges and preferably also has an explosives license (allowing him to aquire and hold black powder) and ask him to make you some blanks.

Do not be tempted to use nitro powder, I have no idea what the result would be and I do not want to find out.

Good luck with them.

Tony.

As far as I know the problem with sending is based on them being classed as 'hazardous materials' which is why the cost of carriage is very high.

As you are aware the blanks contain primers and black powder and both are classed as and are explosives so there will not be many couriers prepared to carry them at any price.

TNT will be one of these and as of today their prices to carry packages for RFD's has almost tripled so probably £25 will no longer do it.

Best advice has to be find someone who reloads 12G cartridges and preferably also has an explosives license (allowing him to aquire and hold black powder) and ask him to make you some blanks.

Do not be tempted to use nitro powder, I have no idea what the result would be and I do not want to find out.

Good luck with them.

Tony.

Henry Krank will send powder/primers for £25.00. Other items can be added to the order for the one fee.

Henry Krank will send powder/primers for £25.00. Other items can be added to the order for the one fee.

Hi,

I have doubts about Kranks only charging £25 to send explosives to Northern Ireland, the only sure way of knowing will be to ask them.

Try ringing (Tel: 01132 569 163 / 01132 565 167) them, they always seem keen to help.

Tony

Must admit I have tried making these with a standard cartridge, just emptied out shot and wad, cut to size with a few slashes down the length for the "crimp" and folded the plastic in on itself with a bit of electrical tape to hold it.

Then went in the shed put it in the vice and hit the the primer with hammer and punch to see if it would be loud enough, let's put it this way I'm glad I had my ear defenders on!!

At the risk of been ridiculed, can you not just cut down a normal cartridge ad remove the shot? I'm guessing there is some law against that seeing as no one else suggested it

was told they wouldn't be as loud. And i want it as loud as possible to stop any intruders. Does anyone know the difference in saluting blanks and yachting blanks?