Ebay Problem.... Can you help please ?

marsh man

Morning all . .. Can you help with a problem I have got .

I have been selling a few bits and pieces from my late father in laws contents , last weekend I sold a brand new Ralph Lauren shirt and a ladies body warmer , the shirt made £43.00 and the body warmer £2.99 ,

Once payment have been made I either post the same day or the next morning at the latest , well in my hurry I put the wrong address labels on the two parcels , when they arrived the bloke who should have had the shirt got in touch to tell me my mistake, the other person didn't say anything until I sent him a email . I offered to pay for the return postal charges and up to now I haven't heard anything else from him.

I will refund the chap who should have had the shirt and tell him to hold on to the body warmer until if or when I hear from the other guy as the return postage is more than the item is worth and I don't want to lose any more than I have to.

So can you advise or tell me if there is anything else I can do please ? or is it a case of ( learn by your mistakes )

Report it to eBay,

Did they pay by PayPal?

If so open a dispute with them, they will say you have to wait X number of days but at least you will have set the wheels in motion.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain

UNLESS

They paid by PayPal gift, which then you haven't a leg to stand on

:shaun:

Report it to eBay,

Did they pay by PayPal?

If so open a dispute with them, they will say you have to wait X number of days but at least you will have set the wheels in motion.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain

UNLESS

They paid by PayPal gift, which then you haven't a leg to stand on

Thanks Shaun... I have already paid back the chap for the shirt , so would that make any difference ? and yes it was paid through pay pal.

I'm struggling to think what an ebay dispute could do with this if the chap decides he's not playing, he after all could simply deny having received anything other than what he was meant to receive.

Otherwise you could open up a dispute with someone and claim you had sent them a million dollar diamond by error ? :hmm::lol:

Thanks Shaun... I have already paid back the chap for the shirt , so would that make any difference ? and yes it was paid through pay pal.

Am I right in thinking that the guy who paid the £2.99 is the one causing the problems? and he has the shirt and is now ignoring you?

Did he also pay by PayPal?

I would still get in touch with Pay Pal and explain whats happened, they may say tough it was your fault but as I said you have nothing to lose

Ive just sold 2 clulite cb2 lamps to a lad on ebay but i always sent things tracked and to sign for,any the lad thought he would try it on and say they haven't landed.so i went onto parcelforce website put the tracking number in and there was the time and a signature.the wife took a screen shot of it emailed him it back and he didnt reply back,so i sent a another emaill to say whats happening fella he still hasnt replied but it goes to show you how snakey some people are just so they can have it for free.we learnt that leasin after the wife sold 3 fancy designer handbags and 2 people got theres the 3 said to ebay it hadn't been sent just so she could keep her £7 even though we sent them the receipts to prove it.

Mate was stitched-up on EBay when he sold a laptop, he put it in a hard case for posting and put bubble rap around it, the buyer returned it saying the screen was cracked, after looking at the returned laptop it was obvious that someone had taken the original screen out and replaced it with cracked one.

Apparently its going on all the time, people buying things, swopping faulty or broken parts then returning it to the seller, and sellers cannot leave negative feedback.

I sold an axle, guy picked it up,having paid via paypal, at first he said it wasnt received, I sent him a photo of him loading it in his car,

then he wanted to return it as it was "noisey" he turned up and tried to give me back a different axle, ( i marked the one he took.) EBay took my side,

on the other side I bought a weather station, the wind speed reading never worked, but it told me the outside temp and where it was blowing from,

I sent it back, unfortunately the wife posted it, and didnt get it tracked,

you guessed it, they claimed it didnt arrive, no proof so out of pocket.

i got an lp from a guy in germany an he mixed mine with a guy in netherlands,he emailed me so when it arrived i sent it straight to the right guy an he did the same,seller refunded us both the xtra postage.

I got my shirt back to today and the chap was true to his word , he even paid for the signed for posted himself rather than wait till I sent it , I sent the money with a little extra for his troubles straight back first class , so there are still a lot of good guys about .

I got my shirt back to today and the chap was true to his word , he even paid for the signed for posted himself rather than wait till I sent it , I sent the money with a little extra for his troubles straight back first class , so there are still a lot of good guys about .

" Treat others as you'd like to be treated "...looks like there are a couple of good lads still around ...........glad you had a good outcome