Been playing with the RPR

activeviii

Managed to get my hands on a Ruger precision rifle in 6.5 creedmoor, thanks to Dauntsey Guns, being black, and then same as ever other RPR I took it in to the workshop and to the spanners and cerakote to it.

Every part striped and painter either in graphite black, armour black or burnt bronze mix. I didn't paint the top of the hand rail or the picatinny rail as I want the printing left on it.

Once painted the engraving were then painted in orange, black or white just to brake it up a little.

The DPT mod has the stainless first baffle that I have also painted to take the shine out of it but the mod is on balanced on as at the time I was waiting for the right screw thread end.

Still playing about with loads and at ½moa at 200 so far but I want better. Weekend I had my first and only long shot on a dead crow that my friend had just nailed. The shot was 525 meters and the ELD-M didn't let me down. At said, first long shot and it was on the button.

I'm well happy on the way the paint turned out and just thought I would share a photo or two.

P1030223_zpsyakigbc0.jpgP1030217_zpsymzg83hd.jpg

P1030214_zpsuzgs70he.jpg

P1030222_zpsntbznqgk.jpg

P1030224_zpspm1bj0wc.jpg

I know it's not everyone cuppa tea, a couple years ago it wasn't mine but tastes change I guess so went and bought. I can see me not keeping this and going with a custom build in 6mm creedmoor when the bank allows.

Thanks for looking

ATB

Phil.

seeing a bit of a trend with rifles with a straight line from butt plate to end of barrel, with owners generally

claiming good or better accuracy. Seems to go against the common wisdom of having scope close to barrel,

yet common sense would say the straighter the recoil forces the better

Cheers Melk. Just need to give it legs now.

Low wind tomorrow so first chance at a grand and then keep stepping out till we get to the mile. Just finished loading the ELD-Match. But late but had a 300wsm in for cerakoting that I needed to finish for a good gent so put my stuff on back burner.

Got my RPR in December and finally have a chance to shoot it tomorrow :)

Nothing fancy just 200m, it's not even been zeroed yet!. I have a few different test loads but I may just use the ones with 37gr of Lovex S062 and 140gr Nosler CC's.

I'll save the test loads until I can get to a 100m indoor range and compare them there.

I bought another RPR butt stock and I've fitted it to my 260 Rem T3 in the MDT TAC21 stock, will see how that performs tomorrow as well :)

Edited by phaedra1106

Got my RPR in December and finally have a chance to shoot it tomorrow :)

Nothing fancy just 200m, it's not even been zeroed yet!. I have a few different test loads but I may just use the ones with 37gr of Lovex S062 and 140gr Nosler CC's.

I'll save the test loads until I can get to a 100m indoor range and compare them there.

I bought another RPR butt stock and I've fitted it to my 260 Rem T3 in the MDT TAC21 stock, will see how that performs tomorrow as well :)

Powder and reloading is the issue, all the Americans seam to be on the H4350 which is fine but when they have a tantrum again and start bulk buying all the powder we cant get any so I have been flogging the horse with n140. Might be time to try something else as its not working.

I have my Lee dies turn up from Titan and there is data in there I can work with.

Weather today should be perfect.

If that is the target in the middle of the field with a wood behind its not a clear backstop as ramblers could easy approach the wood from the right under cover in the next field

Theres aways one. Thanks for your concern, maybe you need to give me your number so you can come and vet each location first

Might be better if you explained why i am wrong, i can only go by the photo you provided

And you are?

You might be better explaining why I must explian myself to you. Keyboard police or something?

You don't know me, you don't know the lay of the land, yet you think you need to tell people their business.

There is no wood

There is no public foot path.

Only way near this point is by swimming across a river.

Only access is past the firing point.

Happy! Now let's move on, unless you want to know my inside leg measurements and boot size just incase someone might get past me. Lmao

Some people make me giggle. Sheeesh!

And you are?

You might be better explaining why I must explian myself to you. Keyboard police or something?

You don't know me, you don't know the lay of the land, yet you think you need to tell people their business.

There is no wood

There is no public foot path.

Only way near this point is by swimming across a river.

Only access is past the firing point.

Happy! Now let's move on, unless you want to know my inside leg measurements and boot size just incase someone might get past me. Lmao

Some people make me giggle. Sheeesh!

Yeh but what if I was out in my coricle :lol: