Cartridge prices advice

Some say clay cartridges work on pigeons too and they're cheep but I'm not speaking from experience as I only shoot clays :)

28g 7.5's are quite sufficient on pigeons. Crows are a bigger bird and I wouldn't use less than a 6 of 30g.

You will certainly get some effective cartridges cheaper than £7 a box .

Some cheaper alternatives I can recommend are Fiocchi pigeon 32 which are a 32 gram load of 6s and Trust 32 gram 6 which are actually a 5.5 .

RC2 28 gram 6 (5.5 ) and NSI OK game 30 gram 6 .

All those will come in at under £50 a slab and some of them are nearer £40

Hi all, can someone advise me on what to use on crows and pigeons. Its getting expensive to shoot at £7 a box. What would be the advice on a cheap cartridge to do the job. Or am I using them.

Thanks

hello, where are you located? £7 seems high unless you only buying 1 or 2 boxes a go, worth a look at those Rio if you can buy local, long time back when i started shooting you could buy cartridges for less than an old pound a box. :rolleyes:

You are all right regarding prices. Got some Lyalvale Express English Sporter at £4.50 a box or £32 for 250.

Anyone used these ?

Have used these on clays many times and found them to be a good cheap effective cart. As others have said (poss read on other posts), a load like this (28g 7.5's from memory??) should do the job nicely. Edited by Andy_Roo

I shoot thousands of crows per year and I have found that my best results are from the Italian #6's on crows. They are equivalent to uk #5.5 and are a brilliant all year shell, from early season decoying to late season when the crows start getting wary of the decoys and you then have that bit more punch when required.