Ridge Tiles

moondoggy

reasonable I'd say. its not a question of running up two ladders and plopping them on. Set up ladders, knock up muck, take up tiles, lay bed, bed tiles in line with existing, point in. Clean tiles, allow muck to stiffen then brush off. It's a fair price, especially given the ridge is compromised so the stability of the roof ladder isn't certain.

reasonable I'd say. its not a question of running up two ladders and plopping them on. Set up ladders, knock up muck, take up tiles, lay bed, bed tiles in line with existing, point in. Clean tiles, allow muck to stiffen then brush off. It's a fair price, especially given the ridge is compromised so the stability of the roof ladder isn't certain.

+1. By the time it's done they can't go anywhere else as well.

Thanks for your replies guys.

The original tiles are still up there, resting in a valley at the moment and look intact. I assume they are ok to re-use.

It was a mini tornado that, from what I understand, only affected three of four houses locally. So, not sure if roofer is too busy, he didn't suggest he was.

cost of ladders, diesel, liability insurance, tools, knowledge. may not get to another job that day. Could you set up the ladders and re bed the tiles in an hour ? If so give me your number !

cost of ladders, diesel, liability insurance, tools, knowledge. may not get to another job that day. Could you set up the ladders and re bed the tiles in an hour ? If so give me your number !

not many people would want to spend an hour on a roof for £150,

I bet you complain at the cost of cars too, I mean they cant have cost the manufacturer more than a couple of grand to build, but they want £12k plus..........

Am I the only one thinking that if 4 tiles have fallen off, the rest wont be far behind them.

While the roofer is up there get him to lift and rebed the whole ridge. I did mine over Xmas, I had a scaffold up for solar panels so made the most of it. Took me a whole day by the time I had done the job and cleaned up etc.

Am I the only one thinking that if 4 tiles have fallen off, the rest wont be far behind them.

While the roofer is up there get him to lift and rebed the whole ridge. I did mine over Xmas, I had a scaffold up for solar panels so made the most of it. Took me a whole day by the time I had done the job and cleaned up etc.

Not always the case but you could ask the roofer to assess it and take pics on phone of existing ridge to see what state they are in. All depends if you are willing to pay for rest to be done or just risk it. I see old Kent peg tile ridge that have hardly any pug in joints but they are still there and not leaking. Edited by winnie&bezza

not many people would want to spend an hour on a roof for £150,

I bet you complain at the cost of cars too, I mean they cant have cost the manufacturer more than a couple of grand to build, but they want £12k plus..........

Whose complaining?

I asked a civil question, a civil answer would be nice.