Door knackerated

Sha Bu Le

With the vast knowledge of the PW doubleglazing experts on here, what would you recommend as a good secure door ?

Yeah, + 1.

We just have had double glazing fitting so would be interested in knowing any common failings or upgrades I should consider (without making it into a how to force entry masterclass)

With the vast knowledge of the PW doubleglazing experts on here, what would you recommend as a good secure door ?

Id say the hardest ( although not impossible ) to get through are composite doors and a good hardwood door with deadbolts and hinge pins. Keep glass to a minimum aswel to avoid them smashing it to climb through or smashung to turn a key inside. Laminated glass is always a good upgrade, glass in doors should be safety glass anyway but toughned glass is not as tough as you may think.

Yeah, + 1.

We just have had double glazing fitting so would be interested in knowing any common failings or upgrades I should consider (without making it into a how to force entry masterclass)

If its upvc or composite then i would reccomend checking the euro lock, if it is standard you can upgrade to a 3 star euro for £35-40 this will get you an ABS AVOCET MK3.

I changed my avocet cylinder for another similar one as the code card and 1 key was not present when we bought the house I have the cylinder and 2 keys I keep meaning to eBay can get it registered by sending it to avocet

Good hardwood is what I have anti bump locks and dog bolts to hinged side

Rock door might have improved enough now

I was involved with the first installs and they were pants then

The principle was good however and they sell a lot now so they must have it right or a lot better

After owning a double glazing and conservatory firm I saw them all but never a successful burn in

Ive boarded up loads years ago before the panels were "reinforced" with mdf, when it was just plastic and foam they were a thieves dream, they used to run a blow lamp round them in no time and get in. They are harder to burn through now with even the minimum 4mm mdf inbetween the leaves. I do see lots of "interesting" ways that the scrotes apply to gain entry.

Not something I ever saw

Seen lots kicked in and other means of entry but not about to give a burglary masterclass on an open forum

• 2 weeks later...

Came down stairs at 6 this a.m. to find this. Police have been took statements looked around and knocked on a few neighbours doors. Waiting for soco and the burglary team to arrive.

Whoever did it I sincerely hope he indow clegets green willy rot.

At least they did not gain entry.

attachicon.gifdoor1.jpg

UPDATE

The police have identified a person from the finger prints they got off the door. They are going to lift him next week (it is bank holiday after all). Can't say who ( PWers would not know him anyhow). Suffice to say it seems to be my window cleaner :no::no:

Will update again next week when he's been lifted and hopefully charged.

If he is your Window cleaner then does that not indicate that his prints would be found all over?

Think the Police will need a little bit more evidence as I'm sure with the above 'connection' a decent brief would have him walking in no time?

If he is your Window cleaner then does that not indicate that his prints would be found all over?

Think the Police will need a little bit more evidence as I'm sure with the above 'connection' a decent brief would have him walking in no time?

Jaymo there are three conditions which preclude that possibility.

1. He never cleans the door window

2. The prints were on top of the soot laid down by the burning plastic.

3. My wife had washed the door window the Saturday before this happened to get rid of the starling poo. He had not been round until after the incident.

I do see where you're coming from though, however it had already been thought through.

Edited by Sha Bu Le