Emulsion to emulsion 2 colours

wisdom

Painting sons bedroom and he wants 2 different colours 2 walls 1 colour and 2 walls different.I have a steady hand but am thinking of masking tape in the corners where the colours change.There are lots of different tapes on the market.What's the best one for sticking on top of emulsion whilst painting the next wall.Don't want the paint on the wall I've just painted to come off on the tape.Obviousley it will be dry before I put the tape on.

Any help or tips please.

If you have a steady hand then just paint partially onto the other wall and then cut in over the top with the other colour when the first colour is dry.

Cutting is is best done with a good quality brush. I use Purdey brushes for all my work and usually a 4" for cutting in. They are expensive brushes but can be bought quite cheaply on eBay.

Good budget choice would be a synthetic Hamilton. Again, go for a good size and load it with paint.

Frog tape is the answer, I have a steady hand but nothing beats this stuff. If you don't want to buy Purdy brushes Harris do a similar brush and I think it's better that the brushes in the Purdy sets I have for a fine finish.

As skully Says! As even good low tac tape can bleed on edges depending on surface being painted.Maybe thin paint with a bit of water (about 10%)if going on matt emulsion. If you don't paint often a good synthetic/nylon bristle contractor brush in 2 or 1.5in should do the job. If bold colours you'l probably need second coat to cover so don't try to hard with first coat. Work paint into brush on other areas first to get feel for it.Wrap brushes in bags when not in use and can straighten any lines when done. NB

Frog tape is dry goof but you do need to smooth down the edge and paint away from it with not a lot of paint on the brush not towards it as you can push paint under it. When it has dried paint along the edge of the tape and when the paint is tacky peel the tape off. I got a sharp edge that was perfectly straight.