airarms filling help

AberFowl

I have a new air arms s410

Great little gun. Very accurate.

Its needing topping up with 'fuel'... I have a hills stirrup pump, I put the adapter over the end and turn it then start pumping, I get to 150 on the pump gauge then air starts leaking and it wont fill?

What am I doing wrong as the gauge on the gun is at 150!

Just doesn't seem to be putting any air in!?

Are the pump, filling adapter + whip new?

If you know someone with a pump or bottle configured for AA S410 then give that a go and see what happens.

(What's the max fill pressure of a S401?)

I believe that the max fill pressure or recommend fill pressure is 180.

Make sure that all the connections on the fill adapter and whip are tight mine did the same as I didn't want to overtighten them when I got it. Can also try cocking the rifle to fill as you have to do when empty.

Edited by darren 67

I have a new air arms s410

Great little gun. Very accurate.

Its needing topping up with 'fuel'... I have a hills stirrup pump, I put the adapter over the end and turn it then start pumping, I get to 150 on the pump gauge then air starts leaking and it wont fill?

What am I doing wrong as the gauge on the gun is at 150!

Just doesn't seem to be putting any air in!?

Sorted??

No not sorted still not filling.

O rings look fine, everything tight, tape on threads too

Adapter pushed on and turned to 'lock' in position and start pumping, still wouldnt work.

I gave up again, never had a go with bolt back though so will do that later.

Was wanting to sell the gun but cant sell if cant fill it!

hello, i had a S410 from new for 4 years and never had any problem filling to 180 max from start to when i sold as upgraded to a higher shot count pcp , filled with bolt closed, used pump first then bottle. it is one of the best reliable PCPs you can buy if yours is as you state new then i suggest you return to where purchased and let them sort it,

I am surprised to hear you have problems, these air arms S400 and S410 are super reliable, best air rifle I've had in 55 years of shooting, I take mine into the shop to get a refill, it costs the princely sum of £1,will safely recharge to 180 every time with no leakage even over several weeks when not in use.

I have had my S400 for almost 2 years, with not a single problem having put over a thousand rounds through it in all weathers and conditions,

In my opinion a five star weapon.

I know there are many superb rifles out there but its all about personal experience, this is mine. :yes::yes:

Probably user error, I will be doing something wrong. Will be back to shop this evening for the man who knows to show me what I should be doing!

hello, that maybe so but i am sure once you get sorted and can fill your S410 without any problem you can have years of good shooting,just to note i used LT1 pellet lube on pellets and a quick spray in mag, a few drops of gun oil on bolt and in breech where mag sits, and lube internal breech O ring, good luck