Fox club

WelshMike

Got two dogs last night. I've been sitting out for three nights 11pm till 4am waiting for this one. So I changed tactics last night and drove round instead and caught him on a stubble field on his way to a duck dinner. Got him at 65 yards and was very surprised to see another on the same field he was a fair way out but wouldn't come to a squeak so had to take a long shot ( something I try to avoid) he was sitting up with his back to me so a nice target he dropped on the spot at 175 yards.

Well done bud :good:

was out last night not much about picked a set eyes up 3 fields away made our way to field not to be seen again went on to back of farm and same again not much about so had drive to were we seen first set of eyes and spotted a set of eyes on other side of field s at about 130 in sugar beet started to move and and was away from us and had look back then hit him smack between the eyes so had two shots all night 1 rabbit and 1 fox happy days DSC_0154_zpse2pus0ra.jpg

Nicely done mate

Typical! Go off on the hollybobs - no perms - no guns. A sheep in the field opposite the cottage croaks it on the first night. So we spent the rest of the week watching 3 or 4 foxes, a couple of buzzards and a red kite (and numerous corvids) decimate the carcass over the next few days.

Sigh

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Always the way of things. Bet if you had the gun you wouldnt have seen anything, hope you had a nice break despite foxes taunting you.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done bud :good:

Nicely done mate

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Always the way of things. Bet if you had the gun you wouldnt have seen anything, hope you had a nice break despite foxes taunting you.

Had a smashing time at night in the forrest. Stood gazing at the Milky Way for yonks. Very cool!

Went out last night on a local perm. 5 hours of prowling produced - nowt! No rabbits, no fox, not even a premature witch.

Phaaa.

:/

Had a smashing time at night in the forrest. Stood gazing at the Milky Way for yonks. Very cool!

Went out last night on a local perm. 5 hours of prowling produced - nowt! No rabbits, no fox, not even a premature witch.

Phaaa.

:/

Sounds good..the bit about the holiday not the wasted 5 hours last night. Got to be careful with witches mate as they banned the use of lead ammo a little while ago :lol::lol:

I picked up a new permission a few weeks ago which is dickered with Rabbits and Badgers. Not many foxes though, saying that I had taken half a dozen Rabbits from the home field for me and a couple of mates with the hmr and nv. As I was packing up I thought I'd scan the next field, not 20 mins before I heard a call in the wood next to the home field, which for me is unusual because anyone who knows me, knows I'm pretty well deaf as a post.

Any way scanned this field not on my perm and not 100yds away were a pair playing around together. They didn't pay me much attention and were an easy shot, but as I say not on my perm so had to watch them go ( must find out who owns that ground)

So in a long winded sort of way, the answer to the question is, yes in Somerset they are pairing already.

nice one foosa what rifle setup do you use im also interested in what thermal you chose

I use a .204 tikka t3 stainless varmint with a zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 held on with Warne mounts, the moderator is a wildcat evo and it all sits on a harris bipod. It shoots 32v max and 39g blitzking very well but the 32g edge it for accuracy and they are what I've settled on for it.

For night vision, I use a .223 stainless t3 lite with a 22" barrel, hawkeye sport 3-9x50 scope with home build add on nv, leupold rings and bases with a oneless Charlie moderator, That one likes 55g v max. When funds allow I will be putting a photon 6.5 on that setup.

The thermal is a pulsar xq50 hand held unit and is quite an amazing bit of kit that really has to be seen working to appreciate it.

Big fat vixen from last night, this one was the last of the night and first one this year on frosty ground for me, spotted her with the thermal chewing a freshly caught field mouse.

Well done mate :good:

Another dog last night 1.30am. Its been quiet for 6 to 8 weeks but now foxes everywhere, got to go again tonight 47 ducks dead this morning.

nicely done on the dog and good luck with the duck eater.

I use a .204 tikka t3 stainless varmint with a zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 held on with Warne mounts, the moderator is a wildcat evo and it all sits on a harris bipod. It shoots 32v max and 39g blitzking very well but the 32g edge it for accuracy and they are what I've settled on for it.

For night vision, I use a .223 stainless t3 lite with a 22" barrel, hawkeye sport 3-9x50 scope with home build add on nv, leupold rings and bases with a oneless Charlie moderator, That one likes 55g v max. When funds allow I will be putting a photon 6.5 on that setup.

The thermal is a pulsar xq50 hand held unit and is quite an amazing bit of kit that really has to be seen working to appreciate it.

How the other half live :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Went out with Bumpy 22 off here the other night to a farm where we had shot four the other week. A disappointing no show. Then off to a new perm to see lots and lots of rabbits :). An early sighting some expert calling (not me) and one was in the bag. Saw another but it wasn't playing ball and scarpered when we tried to stalk it to reduce the range.

Arrived back at mine at about 12 and spotted one in the top field. Mate called it in to about 80m but i could not find it in the view finder. Swapped to white light and it was away.

Out with the bait and special loopy juice. A couple of days later sat on the garden bench at 2300 (as you do :) ) and here she comes bouncing through the mist (which was playing havoc with the NV) and down she went with one through the shoulder.

IMG_0944_zpsadaozx6d.jpg

Got set up in the tower at 11.30pm heater on (needed last night) radio on (ear phones) and the duck killer arrived at 1.20am he killed a couple before I got the nv switched on and stopped to eat one so a nice shot at 130 yards. Another big dog. That's four in less than a week.

Good job mate

Went out with Bumpy 22 off here the other night to a farm where we had shot four the other week. A disappointing no show. Then off to a new perm to see lots and lots of rabbits :). An early sighting some expert calling (not me) and one was in the bag. Saw another but it wasn't playing ball and scarpered when we tried to stalk it to reduce the range.

Arrived back at mine at about 12 and spotted one in the top field. Mate called it in to about 80m but i could not find it in the view finder. Swapped to white light and it was away.

Out with the bait and special loopy juice. A couple of days later sat on the garden bench at 2300 (as you do :) ) and here she comes bouncing through the mist (which was playing havoc with the NV) and down she went with one through the shoulder.

IMG_0944_zpsadaozx6d.jpg

Lovely job gents :good:

I was hoping to get my pics uploaded but Photobucket isnt playing ball. I even took a pic that Foxhunter would have been proud of....

Headed out last night with a view to covering 3 farms. Arrived at the first which is about 40 acres or so. Set the caller up and caught a flash of eyes in the torch after a couple of mins. Over to the NV spotter so I could see what the fox was up to. It headed into the next field and was interested in the call so I set up the rifle and waited for it to clear the fence and sent a 58 grain on its way to meet the fox in the centre of the bib at about 70 yards. Lovely vixen in prime condition.

Decided to give farm 2 a miss as there was a fireworks display in the village on the edge of the farm.

Onto farm 3. Parked up and checked the first field with the NV. 1 fox curled up in the field and 1 at the top. Got set up and tried a few calls, the 1 fox legged it and the curled up one paid little attention. Cocked up the shot on the stationary curled up fox, 150 yards steep uphill, to easy so of course total lack of concentration......plonker. Decided to head to the other side of the farm, got to the truck to drive off to hear a dog fox barking...Headed back into the field that i had just been in to see 2 having a play at the top of the field. Couldnt get a shot due to the layout of the field so had a quick jog to get into a shootable position but the foxes had gone. I put the caller on with the vixen call and headed back down the field to pick up my spotter, turned round and there was a fox sat about 80 yards away. Quick shot ended his night. Nice size dog fox.

Over to the other side of the farm and listened to 2 foxes having a good old scrap. Moved to a better position to see if I could call them. Put the Gekkering call on and 1 appeared...in the wrong place so no shot. The fox was only about 50 yards away and when I moved to take the shot my torch dropped out of my pocket and the fox headed for the hills like a bullet.

Moved to the last part of the farm where they are putting up a new building. I shot a load of crows a few weeks ago and these had drawn another pair of foxes...god knows where they have all come from. One way up on a pile of soil and the other was in some nettles. I shot the vixen on the pile at about 80 yards at which point the other one disappeared.

All in all a good night despite my poor shot at a static fox :no:

A great night out there Mike well done. We don't talk about the missed ones as we don't have any :whistling::lol:

Out again tonight with a few places to look over.

:lol::lol: Cheers mate. I didnt miss really ....I shot some grass. Good luck tonight mate

nice work there mike mate its always the easy ones we miss think we just assume its in the bag and dont go through the correct thought process ie shoot bloody lower when steep uphill or downhill :whistling: fox hunter not teach you anything :lol::lol:

cheers bud. i would follow foxhunters advise but i couldnt find any foxes caught in a fence...between us i think he finds road kill and then pretends he has shot them to save face :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Cheers mate. I didnt miss really ....I shot some grass. Good luck tonight mate

cheers bud. i would follow foxhunters advise but i couldnt find any foxes caught in a fence...between us i think he finds road kill and then pretends he has shot them to save face :lol::lol::lol:

come to mention it i thought id spotted a radial tread across ones fur in a picture he posted :whistling::whistling:

Went to a local farm last night,only 100 acres with a wood one side of farm so always a few foxes around

Was there about 8pm nothing in first fields so headed to far side of farm where wood is, there's a fox mooching around about 200 yds away a few squeaks but he ignored me so crept along the hedge a little squeak and No 1 down. A quick check around and there's another about 300yds away rabbit distress on and he come in to about 150yds dam missed but he headed straight towards me. Keeps looking back to where bullet went and I stop him at 60 yds

Back home by 10pm :good:

post-21630-0-03606400-1478333590_thumb.jpg