Fox club

WelshMike

Well done mate. Amazing what effective little killers they are a such a young age.

Iam fairly sure the vixen I got Saturday night was their mother as they came to the same pen. Got a big dog last night he had killed 70 the night before so very pleased to get him. Glad I was sitting up the tower in the dry as it was pouring down all night.

Well done mate.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Afternoon chaps, not been into the fox club for a while. With salmon and sea trout season about to kick off, and lambs big enough to look after themselves I had thought I wouldn't see the guns again till end of summer. Not to be though, though not a fox phone call, a farmer had been having some strife with a marauding, savage pack of rampaging rabbits truing his barley filed into a bowling green. Gave it a few hours last night, and had a dog fox come bolting in to a winged and squealing rabbit. Too good an opportunity to pass on. :D

34613854711_b34087fed3_c.jpg

Afternoon chaps, not been into the fox club for a while. With salmon and sea trout season about to kick off, and lambs big enough to look after themselves I had thought I wouldn't see the guns again till end of summer. Not to be though, though not a fox phone call, a farmer had been having some strife with a marauding, savage pack of rampaging rabbits truing his barley filed into a bowling green. Gave it a few hours last night, and had a dog fox come bolting in to a winged and squealing rabbit. Too good an opportunity to pass on. :D

:good: Good session there mate nicely done. That will keep the marauders under control

Well done mate , .22 or .17 ?

Nice bonus dropping Charles :yes:

Had a lie out yesterday evening hoping for a buck to show ......a dog fox showed first which I took. I picked it up and looked to my left only to see a buck wandering up a fenceline and disappearing into some hawthorns . I stalked forward to see if I could see him and was lucky to spot him thrashing a hawthorn bush , he was added to the bag.

My lucky night , a fox and buck within 5 minutes :)

double%20003_zpsrnavisxr.jpg

Quite like this pic Mike , can I enter it into the awards please :yes:

Had a lie out yesterday evening hoping for a buck to show ......a dog fox showed first which I took. I picked it up and looked to my left only to see a buck wandering up a fenceline and disappearing into some hawthorns . I stalked forward to see if I could see him and was lucky to spot him thrashing a hawthorn bush , he was added to the bag.

result just got back with one in the chiller had 4 of 2 fields since start of april :)

Cheers oowee.

That's some nice work there FH. :good:

Foxhunter. Great night out but pro pics are not allowed. :-(

Looks like pic was taken in local park with bluebells nicked from local wood. Not a good example to set for other northerners :-)

Ps how far north?

Not a pro pic mate ....I am just an amateur but do put a little effort in.

North is Co Durham mate :good:

You can enter it in the awards Mark, good pic mate :good:

it was my first trip out with my new night vision from Dave G last night and managed to get these with the hmr

IMG_20170521_002816_zpssb6oilhe.jpg

Good result mate, well done

had another in my cage trap last night. too much of a built up area for any shooting but the cage is the next option. might try for a fox tomorrow night as i know where there are 2 earths that need a look

Well done mate.

Headed out last night for an hour to one of the chicken farms. Put the caller on for a bit, no foxes about but after a couple of minutes with the chicken distress a badger came down the field like an absolute rocket, never seen one run so fast before, made me chuckle. Not sure what had upset him.

Well done mate.

Headed out last night for an hour to one of the chicken farms. Put the caller on for a bit, no foxes about but after a couple of minutes with the chicken distress a badger came down the field like an absolute rocket, never seen one run so fast before, made me chuckle. Not sure what had upset him.

Glad you identified it must arrange the day out now are man is back from safari

Glad you identified it must arrange the day out now are man is back from safari

It was easy to identify...there were no hares, trucks, water trough or roe in the field :lol::lol::lol:

I am not sure I can cope with being so badly bullied by you and Grant again...but I ll give it a go :)

One of my permissions has just cutt all its grass, so the last few night's i have put myself in the high seats and waited it out. The first evening the machinery was still out in the fields driving past me to and from the farm, they finished around 8pm, by 9 i saw a fox trotting along the hedge line behind me, so i turned in the seat gave it a short 'oi' and took the shot. Fluffed it. Got a fast reload in and then took the second shot and dropping him as he ran.

DSC_1065.jpg

The next night i walked tk a different seat as know there are a few foxes on the far side of the farm. At about 8 i saw one at 250yrds just sitting in the sun, reached down to gef the caller hung round my neck... Id only gone and put the dogs whistle on instead of my callers.... He then decides to get up and walk away from me, 30 minutes pass and i look over my shoulder to see one walking towards me. They have a thing about sneaking up bshind me...

This wasnt an easy shot as it was directly behind me and getting a good position on seat wasnt great fun. Again a quick 'oi' and he dropped on the spot

DSC_1071.jpg

One of my permissions has just cutt all its grass, so the last few night's i have put myself in the high seats and waited it out. The first evening the machinery was still out in the fields driving past me to and from the farm, they finished around 8pm, by 9 i saw a fox trotting along the hedge line behind me, so i turned in the seat gave it a short 'oi' and took the shot. Fluffed it. Got a fast reload in and then took the second shot and dropping him as he ran.

DSC_1065.jpg

The next night i walked tk a different seat as know there are a few foxes on the far side of the farm. At about 8 i saw one at 250yrds just sitting in the sun, reached down to gef the caller hung round my neck... Id only gone and put the dogs whistle on instead of my callers.... He then decides to get up and walk away from me, 30 minutes pass and i look over my shoulder to see one walking towards me. They have a thing about sneaking up bshind me...

This wasnt an easy shot as it was directly behind me and getting a good position on seat wasnt great fun. Again a quick 'oi' and he dropped on the spot

DSC_1071.jpg

well done adam welcome to fox club interesting people on here {watch the welsh bloke with a funny fetish for a certain kind of female bag} :) . my apprentice should be along later with a write up about a nice few foxes and a tidy young buck last night. but i cant guarantee a great pic :lol:

Out last night with my mate and his son who is now getting keen on shooting. He had already shot a vixen on this farm last week and then stumbled across a litter of 4 cubs in a hedgerow. He waited one evening for the dog but he turned up right on last light and didn't present a shot.

Last night saw us watching the 4 cubs playing for 2 hours but no sign of the dog. Darkness fell and so the lamp came out and the dog was shot in the next field , cubs will now be dealt with seeing as the parents have now been dispatched.

mrs%20cs%20may%2017%20001_zps8bhmkaz5.jp

Well done Shooting Egg and Foxhunter. Good to see the youngster out.

We were out Friday night and Sunday for a mooch.

Friday saw us on a hill eyeing up four bucks spread over a field of say 50 acres. a quick stalk on one saw another coming towards us up the hill and it was an easy shot to drop it on the spot . A quick gralloch and it was in the tray with plenty of time for the foxes.

Early on we spot two young cubs far side of the field. Unfortunately no vixen but they seemed happy to play ball and they were duly brought to within 10 feet of the truck, by some excellent mouse squeeks from the back of Bumpy's hand :good: . Careful not to shoot the truck they were quickly dispatched. Words had to be exchange with Bumpy as he clearly does not understand that 20 yards is close enough. :yes:

Driving into the farm yard and there is the vixen running ahead of the truck. Around the corner and she is now about 75m ahead on the track side. I am out of the truck ready to take the shot a bit concerned the road is stony and the shot will be at a shallow angle. I wait and Bumpy does the deed calling it back to the truck and learning from the last session it stops at about 30m for an easy dispatch.

Sunday and we were on a likely spot looking for bucks. Bumpy was off to the back of a small hill whilst i went to the other side. Just as I arrived I spotted a nice buck heading into the bushes beside a stream. A quick shot and I think its down. Doe's appear from nowhere and trot off into the undergrowth. Bumpys back with me and we wait a while (just in case). Down to the stream and Bumpy can hear the buck moving about in the undergrowth ? I cant hear a thing but start to get a a little concerned as I don't want to spend the rest of the night chasing it about. I go over to where Edd is standing and see it dead on the spot at his feet :lol: (wind up merchant).

Off to the cut grass and we quickly spot two foxes and for some reason we decide to take a leisurely approach and shoot from the truck window. With my arm over the roof trying to find the fox with the lamp as Edd calls and ready's for the shot. First fox has gone but second is on his way in and we decide (?).................. sport will be better later in the year if we let it go :lol::lol::lol:. Off to another part of the farm and drive around and around endless fields of empty fox free grass. Then it start to rain in earnest and we are forced to wait it out for an hour and then back home empty handed. :unhappy:

Sorry no pics I am afraid. they are on photo bucket but i can get the codes to upload them to here :hmm: Just as well as my pics are all a bit hopelss. All will change over the next few weeks (I hope) as my new phone will be here in the morning.

Edited by oowee

Well done Shooting Egg and Foxhunter. Good to see the youngster out.

We were out Friday night and Sunday for a mooch.

Friday saw us on a hill eyeing up four bucks spread over a field of say 50 acres. a quick stalk on one saw another coming towards us up the hill and it was an easy shot to drop it on the spot . A quick gralloch and it was in the tray with plenty of time for the foxes.

Early on we spot two young cubs far side of the field. Unfortunately no vixen but they seemed happy to play ball and they were duly brought to within 10 feet of the truck, by some excellent mouse squeeks from the back of Bumpy's hand :good: . Careful not to shoot the truck they were quickly dispatched. Words had to be exchange with Bumpy as he clearly does not understand that 20 yards is close enough. :yes:

Driving into the farm yard and there is the vixen running ahead of the truck. Around the corner and she is now about 75m ahead on the track side. I am out of the truck ready to take the shot a bit concerned the road is stony and the shot will be at a shallow angle. I wait and Bumpy does the deed calling it back to the truck and learning from the last session it stops at about 30m for an easy dispatch.

Sunday and we were on a likely spot looking for bucks. Bumpy was off to the back of a small hill whilst i went to the other side. Just as I arrived I spotted a nice buck heading into the bushes beside a stream. A quick shot and I think its down. Doe's appear from nowhere and trot off into the undergrowth. Bumpys back with me and we wait a while (just in case). Down to the stream and Bumpy can hear the buck moving about in the undergrowth ? I cant hear a thing but start to get a a little concerned as I don't want to spend the rest of the night chasing it about. I go over to where Edd is standing and see it dead on the spot at his feet :lol: (wind up merchant).

Off to the cut grass and we quickly spot two foxes and for some reason we decide to take a leisurely approach and shoot from the truck window. With my arm over the roof trying to find the fox with the lamp as Edd calls and ready's for the shot. First fox has gone but second is on his way in and we decide sport will be better later in the year if we let it go :lol::lol::lol:. Off to another part of the farm and drive around and around endless fields of empty fox free grass. Then it start to rain in earnest and we are forced to wait it out for an hour and then back home empty handed. :unhappy:

Sorry no pics I am afraid. they are on photo bucket but i can get the codes to upload them to here :hmm: Just as well as my pics are all a bit hopelss. All will change over the next few weeks (I hope) as my new phone will be here in the morning.

Sounds busy!!

Out with the hmr and the 223 in the slip, rabbit's and crows with the hmr and fox with the 223. 11 crows down and 3 rabbit's to boot I walked down a ride with a banking on the left and a valley on the right. Got to a nice spot and rang the Mrs let her know I was on my way shortly. Had a chill out and a sit down for 15 mins watching a 9 point stag in the distance with 3 does the time being now 9:10pm. Got up to see a fox lying at the bottom of the valley, only saw it's head. 223 out of slip and 4 rounds in the floorplate and 1 in the chamber. Flipped the scope caps up and got the fox in the crosshair. Set parralax, 90 yards. Safety off and boom. Fox down. Sat watching for a minute to see a cub playing with a dead chicken. Boom. Another down. Couple of squeaks to see if anything else was there and another cub comes up. Bolt back and forth with a satisfying clunk. Last one in the bag. The fox was an old barren vixen, not the mother as she looked too old and didn't match the mother I saw last time. 2 cubs about terrier sized so a good chunky size now. Looks like they have been eating well with the size of them and the amount of dead stuff around the den. Not nice shooting th3 cubs but needs must when there eating chickens and lambs... I do have pictures but i can't upload them -.-