Fox club

WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After a hour on the rabbits with Grant hitting some good shots with the airgun. Time to try a different farm I look after and another 2 foxes. a nice dog fox on cut grass last light 170 yards with 243. Ten minutes later as light was fading a vixen came across same field but was not interested in the call so shot was taken similar distance under lamp before it made the hedge. Grant will try and put picture up but struggling at the minute

After a hour on the rabbits with Grant hitting some good shots with the airgun. Time to try a different farm I look after and another 2 foxes. a nice dog fox on cut grass last light 170 yards with 243. Ten minutes later as light was fading a vixen came across same field but was not interested in the call so shot was taken similar distance under lamp before it made the hedge. Grant will try and put picture up but struggling at the minute

:good: Nicely done gents.

Nice result Bumpy. Haven't been out much myself ,may get out this week.

Had a mate and his lad with me. He really enjoyed it but was suffering with hayfever. Looks hot here for the next week hoefully it will be cooler for you and you can get out for a walk with the old musket

Had a mate and his lad with me. He really enjoyed it but was suffering with hayfever. Looks hot here for the next week hoefully it will be cooler for you and you can get out for a walk with the old musket

Gone for two days and replaced by amateurs :(

Don't shoot them all whilst I am away.

Shot One of this years vixen from the high seat this morning next to our pen. She wont be worrying the poults

Well done mate :good:

Cheers Bumpy , its too hot up here , cant be bothered to do anything. My mate rang other night to say he was out with his 12 yr old son and managed to get him his 1st deer.....very proud and over the moon especially as it was 150 yds and dropped on the spot.

To hot...part timer and all round big girly woofter :lol:

another big dog fox tonight hour before dusk just mousing in the grass about 160 yards. followed by a nice young buck for the freezer :)

Well done Ed. Looks like you have upset the boyfriend though :lol::lol:

Gone for two days and replaced by amateurs :(

Don't shoot them all whilst I am away.

I am sure you are still his best friend Grant.... :lol:

Managed to get out Monday night on a patch that had been freshly silaged. Quick walk around and spotted a fox by the yard. Quick squeak had him trotting in so took him at about 70 yards off the sticks. Carried on until 1.30 and as I was leaving I spotted a cub. Set the rifle up on the top of the truck and a quick squeak had the cub charging in as cubs normally do. Down he went at around 60 yards. He was a plump little fellow in lovely condition, mum is doing a good job.

I will try and get the pics posted but life is a little hectic at the moment so am struggling with time for most things...not good.

Back out on the same farm last night to see if I could catch up with a few more of the foxes. Got there about 11 and it was a little on the light side but I headed off. Got across a couple of fields and spotted some tell tail eye shine. Over to the NV and confirmed it was a fox but to far for a shot off the sticks, The fox could tell something was amiss so headed off. I had a good idea where it was off to so had a quick trot across a couple of fields and managed to get set up in time to see the fox heading across the field to my right. Quick squeak sent her off in the opposite direction...a loud "oi" and she stopped long enough for the .243 to stop her in her tracks at about 70 yards.

Spotted a couple of cubs in the next field but no shot. I headed off around the rest of the ground and then back to where I had seen the cubs. Saw one which came hurtling in when I gave the mark 1 hand caller a whirl.. Down he went to a chest shot around 40 yards. Called it quits as the weather was starting to turn and it was 1.30.

I will get the photos posted at some point...computer is so slow there isnt much point attempting it at the moment.

Cheers for reading

Back out on the same farm last night to see if I could catch up with a few more of the foxes. Got there about 11 and it was a little on the light side but I headed off. Got across a couple of fields and spotted some tell tail eye shine. Over to the NV and confirmed it was a fox but to far for a shot off the sticks, The fox could tell something was amiss so headed off. I had a good idea where it was off to so had a quick trot across a couple of fields and managed to get set up in time to see the fox heading across the field to my right. Quick squeak sent her off in the opposite direction...a loud "oi" and she stopped long enough for the .243 to stop her in her tracks at about 70 yards.

Spotted a couple of cubs in the next field but no shot. I headed off around the rest of the ground and then back to where I had seen the cubs. Saw one which came hurtling in when I gave the mark 1 hand caller a whirl.. Down he went to a chest shot around 40 yards. Called it quits as the weather was starting to turn and it was 1.30.

I will get the photos posted at some point...computer is so slow there isnt much point attempting it at the moment.

Cheers for reading

well done mike good use of the best caller :yes:

well done mike ,everything still high up here :good:

I know what you mean crops all over but I did some reconnaissance last night checking out how ripe the barley fields were, and found a couple of cut grass fields.

I went back home and got my gear for a call on these 2 fields.

1st field I called in a cub followed by the vixen.

2nd field called in a dog fox and 2 cubs.

These fields are about 1/2 a mile apart so still some more to mop up :yes:

Cant wait for the stubbles :good:

5%20001_zps0qde04sj.jpg

Got a dog last night he had killed 39 four week old ducks the night before so I was pretty confident he would be back. Got up the tower at 11pm and he turned up at 12.30am, He was doing something I've never seen a fox do before he picked up a duck carried it about 15ft then dropped it,the duck ran back towards the others and before it got to them the fox pounced on it and carried it back and dropped it.just like a cat would do with a mouse.

I know what you mean crops all over but I did some reconnaissance last night checking out how ripe the barley fields were, and found a couple of cut grass fields.

I went back home and got my gear for a call on these 2 fields.

1st field I called in a cub followed by the vixen.

2nd field called in a dog fox and 2 cubs.

These fields are about 1/2 a mile apart so still some more to mop up :yes:

Cant wait for the stubbles :good:

5%20001_zps0qde04sj.jpg

nicely done a good nights work there ,what colour light you use on your setup mark,did you use rabbit distress call on them

Edited by remmy1100