Compressor

novice cushie shooter

Thinking of investing in one! A 2hp one mainly for biking tyres. Does anyone use them for painting sanding etc. Trying to justify the cost to be honest so if i could use it for other things it would be beneficial. Thanks

Other compressor detail required to let you know if it's suitable as using a da (dual action sander) or painting requires a lot of air flow.

The Aldi 1 is awesome ,use cut off tool/drill/ratchet /impact wrench and sprayer off mine ,9 years old now 2.5 hp ,50ltr tank/9cfm power .Theyve upped them to 3 hp now atb

This type of compressor is perfect for want you need. Get yourself a water trap as well, these comps can get hot if used for long periods and can promote condensation in the tank.

Great for nail guns, the brad guns are cheap and so are the nails. My compressor has developed a hole in the tank, it's 10 years old, didn't see that coming.

Thats quite scary ,and shouldnt really happen after 10 years.

Like has been said ,check the cfm (cubic feet per minute) of the tool,some DA sanders seem to run nice and fast with 3 cfm and others that are 10 cfm dont seem as powerful,its all in the design of the tool.

Do not think if you have a 5 cfm compressor that it will run a 5 cfm tool,the size of the tank will help (bigger the better) but the length of your airline accounts for an considerable loss of pressure.

You will be constantly waiting for it to 'catch up'

I used to use the Machine Mart compressors all the time,but the chinese motors they are using nowadays are pretty damn rubbish.

There is also a lot of compressors that are branded differently ,but are all the same chinese builds.

Spend your money on something that will last,not a cheapy that just gets past the warranty.