Cheerio Northern Ireland

chrisjh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I question the motives of yet another thread which seems devised to elicit strong opinions, which will escalate into insults.

True but you could say that about the whole EU exit debate that involves and effects England Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland.

Hard to call yourself british if you weren't born in britain. If you were born on the Island of Ireland, you're Irish. That's pretty straight forward to understand. Allocating yourself an alternative nationality is just living in a dreamworld. It's like you're trying desperately to keep hold of an identity that isn't yours in the first place. Clutching at straws if you will.

No, you are completely wrong and what's more, you have no right nor authority to speak on anyone else's behalf so kindly wind your neck in. I was born in N Ireland and consider myself British, not Irish. There is something called the Good Friday Agreement in place, you may have heard of it? There is also a general feeling in N Ireland that people who keep provoking the peace which as you full well know has been very hard won, should pack their bags and move to the South where there's plenty of room for them if they want to keep stirring things up. I lived through the troubles, did you? I saw the results of inbred hatred and injustice, have you? I am not unionist nor protestant which may come as a surprise, but loathe bigotry and intolerance. A majority of the N Irish may have voted for Remain, but it was not on overwhelming majority and just because they voted that way does not mean that they want to leave the UK, membership of which has helped massively with the economic welfare of Ulster.

Similarly, who is Sturgeon to speak on behalf of all Scots? They had their referendum in 2014 and chose to remain part of the UK, come rain or come shine. It is ridiculous that these jumped up little pip-squeak self-serving politicians can stir up so much unrest right at the very critical time when for the best thing for all of our futures is unity and stability. If Sturgeon pushes too hard, she may get more than she bargained for, a Scotland isolated from Europe and the rest of the UK without the annual hand out payments they currently get. Scotland would be bankrupt uinside of a year and the Scots people know that. I'm damned if my taxes will bail them out in that event. As for N Ireland, it remains part of the UK and the conditions for exit simply have not been met nor are likely to be met. Leaving would only start a bloody civil war between rival Irish factions.

Edited by Savhmr

No, you are completely wrong and what's more, you have no right nor authority to speak on anyone else's behalf so kindly wind your neck in. I was born in N Ireland and consider myself British, not Irish. There is something called the Good Friday Agreement in place, you may have heard of it? There is also a general feeling in N Ireland that people who keep provoking the peace which as you full well know has been very hard won, should pack their bags and move to the South where there's plenty of room for them if they want to keep stirring things up. I lived through the troubles, did you? I saw the results of inbred hatred and injustice, have you? I am not unionist nor protestant which may come as a surprise, but loathe bigotry and intolerance. A majority of the N Irish may have voted for Remain, but it was not on overwhelming majority and just because they voted that way does not mean that they want to leave the UK, membership of which has helped massively with the economic welfare of Ulster.

Similarly, who is Sturgeon to speak on behalf of all Scots? They had their referendum in 2014 and chose to remain part of the UK, come rain or come shine. It is ridiculous that these jumped up little pip-squeak self-serving politicians can stir up so much unrest right at the very critical time when for the best thing for all of our futures is unity and stability. If Sturgeon pushes too hard, she may get more than she bargained for, a Scotland isolated from Europe and the rest of the UK without the annual hand out payments they currently get. Scotland would be bankrupt uinside of a year and the Scots people know that. I'm damned if my taxes will bail them out in that event. As for N Ireland, it remains part of the UK and the conditions for exit simply have not been met nor are likely to be met. Leaving would only start a bloody civil war between rival Irish factions.

Your opinion I'm sure is highly valued down the local pub. The sooner people get it into their heads that they live on the island of Ireland the better. Northern Ireland isn't recognised as a country. It has no national anthem and no 'fleg', only that of Ulster the provence. One of four in Ireland. My advice to you would be to wind your own neck in, as your pointless arguement serves no purpose.

Your opinion I'm sure is highly valued down the local pub. The sooner people get it into their heads that they live on the island of Ireland the better. Northern Ireland isn't recognised as a country. It has no national anthem and no 'fleg', only that of Ulster the provence. One of four in Ireland. My advice to you would be to wind your own neck in, as your pointless arguement serves no purpose.

No. I'll not be told by you nor any other feeble minded bigot what to think.

Northern Ireland isn't recognised as a country. It has no national anthem and no 'fleg', only that of Ulster the provence.

Call it what you want it is part of the United Kingdom the flag is the union flag and will remain that way until a majority want that to change. Thats how it is the sooner you get that into your head the better. :)

if the republic is that great how come they've been climbing on boats for hundreds of years to get out off it. bunch of free loading gypsies who had to step into the EU to make anything of themselves.then the UK had to bail them out. you guys make me laugh.I'm proud to be British and intend to stay part of the union

if the republic is that great how come they've been climbing on boats for hundreds of years to get out off it. bunch of free loading gypsies who had to step into the EU to make anything of themselves.then the UK had to bail them out. you guys make me laugh.I'm proud to be British and intend to stay part of the union

Away and ask your mates how proud they are to be british as they're applying for their Irish passports lol. You might even have one. Willing to sell out your perceived nationality for the sake of a few quid and less paperwork in the long run. Proud to be british you say? I'd say that's questionable right now.

I can do without an Irish passport I assure you. auld Ireland is long gone. the euro has the south in debt till the eyeballs.you don't even realise how good you have it up here with the Queens money. think it's time this thread was closed

It's amazing how many Irish people are happy to receive their benefits in Queens money.