Keeping a springer loaded

countryman

I have an Air Arms pro sport all most new. Would it do damage to the spring if it was left loaded while i was in my hide, say for about 30 minutes to an hour. I know back in the day it was frowned upon, but i was wondering if new guns are ok for this now.

Thanks

Chris

Do you prop your car on bricks to relieve the strain on the springs whilst not in use ?

Same principle....

The same argument is used against using snapcaps in a shotgun. Rather disingenuous, do you leave your car with a two ton weight on it to fully compress the springs??

Probably not!

Depends on the spring quality, after market stuff tend to be very good but I once experimented with a slightly hot new HW80 back in the 80's by leaving it cocked for a half day and it made no difference so I then left it cocked for 2/3 days and it went down to 8 ft lbs !

Hi my friend brought round a HW35 that he found in his dads wardrobe,had been left cocked for years due to a fault with trigger,striped it, cleaned it,and it worked ok,chronoed at 9 ft pounds so may have lost a pound or two so a few hours will do no harm.

Vulture