Savhmr

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A good response from the Government - if slightly repetitive:-

The raptor persecution group, led by a senior police officer, focuses on the golden eagle, goshawk, hen harrier, peregrine, red kite and white tailed eagle and is led by a senior police officer.

Let's hope if a debate ensues in parliament the RSPB and other anti shooting lobbyists via their allegedly bought and paid for (sorry sponsored!) MP's are called upon to provide peer reviewed scientific proof of their claims relating to grouse shooting.....I personally doubt they can!

A balanced article by the chairman of the hawk and owl trust, who should know a bit about raptors!

The real question is why did the RSPB withdraw as a member of the hen harrier action plan after only a few months?

Could it be that those at the top of RSPB do not really want the hen harrier to flourish on grouse moors? because if the action plan successful........It would remove the stick they are currently using to beat grouse shooting with.

Have you asked them?

No point! they are only going to tell you what they want you to believe!

And I see that Avery in his latest blog has attacked the author and savaged the article, presumably because the writer holds contrary views? As he appears to do to everyone who does not agree with him, isn't that the definition of a zealot?...........Which is what he and his respondent sheep (sorry supporters) are objecting to being called!

Have started an email yes.

My message wasnt a dig bud, was more a case of has anyone posed the question. As it would be good to get the answer

Fair enough. The reply I received is in post 172. It isn't very convincing.

It will be interesting to see if you receive the same answer. Good on yer.

Edited by Scully

I thought it was obvious it was rhetorical? So obviously I wasnt expecting or wanting an answer! I dont believe a word the RSPB utter............ So I reiterate........no point asking them!

Ah I see. I just wondered why there were so many question marks in your posts. You've done it again twice in your post 221 above. Rhetoric again I assume.