Yildiz or Revo .410 O/U

bunny_blaster

I'm after a OU .410 for a bit of clay and game shooting, don't want to spend loads on it so I've been looking at the above makes. It will have 30" barrels. Does anyone have and input on either gun?

Also the yildiz comes with the option of having multi chokes. Has anyone found they just stick to full chokes or do the more open chokes pattern better?

Cheers

Ben

The revo (khan) used to come with multi choke as well (beretta mobile). Might be special request or offer now.

Chokes that came with my khan ou were cyl 0.400, ic 0.395, mod 0.390, im mod 0.385 and full 0.380.

Best patterns came from factory ic and mod, above that showed either no improvement or worse patterns.

Currently replacing them with Briley chokes and patterns are better distributed and closer to theoretical.

Edited by Stonepark

My Yildiz o/u .410 has only got 26" barrels, but it's a lovely little gun to use. I haven't patterned the chokes, but I have had decent range kills with IC, 1/2 and 3/4 chokes. I don't think you would be disappointed if you bought one. I can't comment on the revo, but I imagine they would be a nice little gun.

My son has had a Yildiz 28 bore for the past few months. Seems like a well made thing for the money, nice fit and finish for certain. Looked at a Revo at the same time, it certainly looked like a cheaper gun complete with tooling marks and gaps. I couldn't comment on long term reliability though.

I thought about the .410 version but since the 28 takes 14g to 28g loads it looked the better option; very light 2 1/2" .410 weight loads for clays and the lad learning to shoot, with the option of a full ounce load for game. the 24g loads he used rabbiting were certainly effective.

cant say about the 410 calibre but i traded in a revo 28g for a yildiz 28g both o/u,the revo was far too heavy in fact as heavy as my lanber 12g which defeated the object of a lightweight carry about,,now the yildiz is a much better tool nice balance nice lightweight gun use it for walk about and pigeon decoyin when i want to keep noise down.

PM me I have an almost new Yilditz O/U non ejector for sale. It is the non ejector model, with full set of chokes. I upgraded to the 30 inch model with ejectors. These are really nice little guns and I use mine for driven shooting and have done for almost two years now without a problem. You could be in for a good deal if your quick.

WARNING!!! Lay off anything Huglu. I have a side by side 410, lovely looking little gun on the outside and handles perfectly but according to my gunsmith the internals are ****. Intermittent misfires but I keep it to knock about in the Landy and shoot squirrels in my traps.