Dover to Calais

norfolk dumpling

When you consider one of the biggest banks of the EU is shortly going to be leaving, and the rest of the few with any money have to make up the shortfall, there's going to be a bit of animosity I think :lol: They all know we're going to cut off their pocket money shortly, and they don't like it. :no:

:lol: :lol:

The French government are more preoccupied with saving their own skins than trying to score petty points. They know that in all likelihood they won't be in power next year and that is nothing to do with the UK leaving the EU, so Brexit means sweet FA to them.

Chaos reigns supreme here in Kent M2 was blocked London bound just before A249 Detling Hill which is the connecting road to the M20 Coast and the West, French UK border check appear to be 'working to rule' Saturday night had only 1 french official on shift!, other ports around the South Coast appear to be unaffected Newhaven reported no delaysuch.

As said in other posts it's boiling down to the French attempting to be as awkward as possible...!.

NOTHING to do with sone brain donor at Kent council deciding that THE perfect time to carry out extensive road works around Dover was the weekend the schools broke up...

The main dual carriageway having a lane closure in place was NOT a contributing factor to the delays....

The French are also doing full checks on all vehicles.

Given the Nice attack they'd be taken to task if they didn't!

Sorry but I still can't understand why the French choose on the busiest weekend of the year for Dover ferry port in a state of heightened security, to have only one official on duty?

The question is why?

Strange that its only at Calais apparently, Cherburg and St Malo were business as usual. But any security exercise should surely profile the targets they are looking for. Making retired English couples stop and open the boot up to have it searched still smacks of harassment to me. They were searching every car apparently regardless. But only at Calais.

Had there been border controls in place in Devon and Cornwall yesterday you would have seen real traffic chaos making the Dover run look like a queue in a Tesco filling station.

ahhh but there was.... its called temple roadworks. :lol:

those aint speed cameras my friend, they're super spy cameras that have facial recognition and are linked to MI6.

if they flag up any funny business then your car gets blown up in a drone strike near Bodmin. :innocent:

those aint speed cameras my friend, they're super spy cameras that have facial recognition and are linked to MI6.

if they flag up any funny business then your car gets blown up in a drone strike near Bodmin. :innocent:

Can you explain why the people in that farm house refused to move - I personally wouldn't like to have all that construction going on around me! Have they opened 2 lanes either way as they have been promising - was down there 2 weeks ago and still not.

Edited by MrM

I love this quote - " we cannot avoid the need for traffic management. This will be as much to protect your safety as that of the workforce."

If this is for my safety are they giving out blood pressure tablets as well then ?

I love this quote - " we cannot avoid the need for traffic management. This will be as much to protect your safety as that of the workforce."

NOT a viewpoint that the recent roadwork crew near Alnwick on the A1 could make a claim to!

Later one evening I was almost driven off the road by two of their works vans racing along on the wrong side of the road...well over the speed limits & ignoring the lack of visibility, etc.

The van that nearly took the front of my car off? Marked up as "Workforce Safety Camera"

Can you explain why the people in that farm house refused to move - I personally wouldn't like to have all that construction going on around me! Have they opened 2 lanes either way as they have been promising - was down there 2 weeks ago and still not.

god only knows why they refused to move... the only thing I can think is that there must be Bats or something nesting there., or possibly a preservation order.

they opened 2 lanes northbound this weekend gone... wrong way round if you ask me, but hey ho. lol

god only knows why they refused to move... the only thing I can think is that there must be Bats or something nesting there., or possibly a preservation order.

they opened 2 lanes northbound this weekend gone... wrong way round if you ask me, but hey ho. lol

Look out for a planning application once the work is complete - change of use from dwelling to cafe/restaurant. :lol: