Realtree camo

Browning

I'm looking to buy some new camo gear and will probably go for one of the Realtree patterns.

Does anyone use realtree pattern camo gear?

Any recommedations on Advantage Timber over Hardwood patterns?

Any recommendations of manufacturesrs to look at or stay away from ?

The pattern you want, should suit the background you shoot against.

As most of us shoot from camouflage hides, we don,t really need to wear cammo clothing as well, but we do.

I wear the "ex Army" surplus cammo clothing, its cheap and does the job.

I,m sure you can wash mud, blood etc., off those £100+ coats.

But, it would break my heart to get one dirty. :rolleyes:

I use realtree camo i think its the best because crows are always awear around them and i was once sitting right next to a bush and i saw this crow coming towards me for ages and i stayed dead still and it came right over the top of me and i brang it down with one shot!

I was wearing:

Camo trousers

Camo coat

Camo gloves

and camo hat with a face camo cloth to cover my face.

PD

I use realtree camo i think its the best because crows are always awear around them and i was once sitting right next to a bush and i saw this crow coming towards me for ages and i stayed dead still and it came right over the top of me and i brang it down with one shot!

I was wearing:

Camo trousers

Camo coat

Camo gloves

and camo hat with a face camo cloth to cover my face.

PD

No offence PD but you don't have to be wearing real tree camo for that to happen, its happened to me piles of times and I only use ex army camo gear.

But real tree is obviously the best, if you can afford it!!

HI Browning,

I use the Ram jacket and trousers in advantage timber, i think they are superb but they are expensive. When you wear them you do realise that a lot of time and effort has gone into the design of them ie, pockets in the right places with good quality zips, high back trousers that stops the wind freezing your kidneys when you are sat in a pigeon hide, a drop down padded flap at the back of the jacket to sit on to stop the backside of the trousers getting muddy, etc, etc.

I have been sat in a hedge back without a hide several times and hikers have walked within a couple of yards of me and not seen me, when this happens you realise how good the gear is. To put the price in perspective they cost the same as roughly 6 or 7 nights out on the lash.

SH.

I have an assortment of various realtree patterns, and mossy oak stuff. I could not say that any one is better than another.

Cranfield is correct in advising that your camo should match your background, but remember that pigeon are colour blind and only see in monochrome. They are therefore more likeley to spot movement rather than a change in leaf pattern.

I can highly recommend Deerhunter anything, excellent quality at sensible prices if you shop around. The MOD clothing is certainly designed for hard wear, but is also intended as a universal fix for most conditions. No point in wearing your best realtree in a bale hide in September.

I have found that my camo works better at hiding my wareabouts from hikers etc, I once had a guy walk within a few yards, he never spotted me, and I had no intention of engaging in conversation.

Goretex, Deertex etc. membranes work fine, but follow the washing instructions carefully, or you may become the not so proud owner of a not so waterproof coat and pants!

webber

Goretex, Deertex etc. membranes work fine, but follow the washing instructions carefully, or you may become the not so proud owner of a not so waterproof coat and pants!

:< Unfortunately as i am not a code breaker i obviously didn't wash my trousers correctly because i now have to take a pair of waterproof over trousers with me.

I sussed out the symbols with 40 and an iron with a cross through it but the others were just double Dutch to me, hence my trousers are no longer waterproof.

From earlier posts on this subject it seems that i dhouldn't have used a detergent but what that symbol looks like i haven't a clue.

They are still warm and windproof though. :rolleyes: Till the next wash?

:D

[

:< Unfortunately as i am not a code breaker i obviously didn't wash my trousers correctly

I think you'll find, old fruit, that is what wives are for :/??? :D:huh::D:/:/

:/ Ironically i even showed my ex-wife the label before i washed them and some of the symbols fooled her. :/

Might explain why i often ended up with pink hankerchiefs and shirts. :/

:rolleyes:

What I can't understand is that Goretex breathability and waterproofness is supposed to be a mechanical property(Umpteen million holes per square inch, too small for water to pass but large enough for vapour) yet all the experts recommend washing in a chemical to maintain the proofing!

ernyha, This might be a long shot but maybe you could make them waterproof again. I went camping once with my old man and the tent started to let water in, so he bought a spray from the tent shop that magically made it water proof again. It was a big aerosol can that you needed to spray all over the sides of the tent and it's never leaked since.

It's just a thought!