Wanted - lock knife / pen knife

Mungler

Anyone got any cheap but half tidy knives for sale (e.g. Gerber) for general messing about in the garden.

I must have bought a dozen over the years but can I ever find one when I need it? Can I ****.

And I don't like opinels, the blades are too thin and I've shut my fingers in between a closing blade and the handle too many times now.

Cheers

I've got a really nice K Mark folder . In brand new condition and comes with the original box and has never been used or sharpened .

Can send photos on request .

All the best .

Andy .

What's the damage? Is it something I can lose and not cry about?

As for the Opinel purported locking mechanism, I am aware of its existence :-)

Bit of a coincidence - found a pen knife whilst out shooting yesterday - marked GPO joseph rogers and sons 1967 - Sheffield - needs a bit of a clean and sharpen but it's built like the proverbial poohouse and yours if you want it ?

Think these were the ones issued to telegraph pole workers some are quite collectable.

Cheers fellas. Nice hit on the blades and bows website I'm going to grab a couple off there - they're cheap enough to lose with all the other knives I've lost. The problem remains that every knife now made appears to be aimed at the 'tactical market' and made to look like it should be used by someone who is half London street gang and half SAS.

On the GPO knife, that reminds me a mate of mine used to work for BT about 20 years ago and had a racket in flogging their bright orange handled BT knives (with a slight curve / hook on the end). He used to call BT 'the great provider'. His shed was floor to ceiling in insulating tape, zip ties, crimp connectors etc

When you've snapped the blade opening the tin of paint get one of these. It's got a built in heavy duty screwdriver bit between the blades, A can / bottle opener, a marlin spike to prise open knots and things a loop that you attach a lanyard or a colour trace to so that it can be seen and a good solid blade that is legal to carry. A proper knife.

http://www.sheffield-made.com/acatalog/3_Piece_Army_.html

Edited by fortune