Summer Shooting with the 28 Bores

Pykie

These are part of a 61 bird evening in rain on a partially combined wheat field. I was set up under a single tree and they decoyed very well, some coming into almost point blank range. I shot some good crossers which all puffed like pillows and dropped stone dead and on examination of the empties some 21gm Skeet 9s had sneaked into my bag! They certainly did the job though. The rest were taking with 24gm 6s from my Lincoln 28 bore. Rest of the bag was collected after the photo as the Heavens opened yet again!

E54B5AD2-F4A5-47A3-80AC-9D2365CE316B.jpg

These two were called by hand to my Beretta Urika II on freshly cut barley. Funny thing was I was calling a Fox about eighty yards away when another one came and sat mere feet away from me, head cocked wondering what I was. I managed to shoot that one one handed with a 36gm No3 Buffalo then stalked into the original Fox I was calling and had that one too.

4D9D6A67-684C-4DBD-90E6-897632CC52FA.jpg

This little lot were shot last Sunday. The field had been shot only on the Thursday so expectations were not that high but several birds were seen floating about. Again set up under a single oak tree they were decoying as soon as I had the gun out, the first six shots resulting in six Wood Pigeons. Two flappers and a rake of decoys in a horseshoe pattern coaxed them in, as well as several high driven shots making for some varied shooting. Total of 44 Wood Pigeons with three left and rights to my Gorilla taped Armsan 28 bore auto and RC 24gm 6s.

9E44F237-5678-4E2B-94EC-E3007BE4FA20.jpg

Edited by Pykie