Syrian Russian embassy

kyska

Russian embassy hit by a rebel mortar, this could get serious.

Among the million academic things I've poorly dabbled in, I completed a course in prescriptions of nuclear war, I'm no prepper, but some of these precursors are scary.

The Russians will blame the US funded/backed rebels, escalation has started.

Good luck world

nothing on the silly news channels like BBC, sky or CNN ? if the apocolypse is started by a stray mortar in a combat zone we are doomed. Oh, hang on we are anyhow. One stray round and I'm sure Putin is hovering his thumb over the red button. How do they predict the decent into nuclear war ? Base it on the last one ?

nothing on the silly news channels like BBC, sky or CNN ? if the apocolypse is started by a stray mortar in a combat zone we are doomed. Oh, hang on we are anyhow. One stray round and I'm sure Putin is hovering his thumb over the red button. How do they predict the decent into nuclear war ? Base it on the last one ?

RT have it.

It's obvious, keep the west out of Syria and it's border, anti aircraft systems are now in syria. Proxy wars are sooooo dangerous, I never thought we'd see another Cold War.

I think this will be the same as when Turkey shot down the Fencer last year. Lots of blame and dire threats but nothing will materially come of it.

I do agree though, this is certainly a proxy war and we are in all likelihood seeing the beginning of another Cold War.

Russian embassy hit by a rebel mortar, this could get serious.

Among the million academic things I've poorly dabbled in, I completed a course in prescriptions of nuclear war, I'm no prepper, but some of these precursors are scary.

The Russians will blame the US funded/backed rebels, escalation has started.

Good luck world

Where has this come from? There is nothing on the beeb or reuters or alJazeera

It's the tenth most important item on RT. Don't they know this is a pre curser to a nuclear war ? Utterly appalling journalism. A slightly chilly war maybe but WW3 ? 🔕

Subtlety maybe, but this is the start of something, Russia want a new world order, this is a melting pot.

I'm no alarmist, by far, but this is a geopolitically changing scenario

Edited by kyska

there was a similar thread when a plane was shot down in Ukraine. Did I miss the bangs and mushroom clouds ?

There was also a similar thread when Putin sent troops into Ukrain and so ad infinitum. We must be on WW5 by now ?

Why so beligerent?

This really is a masssive change in world order, the US have dipped out, Russia has openly threatened Denmarks flotilla.

I'm not sure what your comments amount to, other than sarcasm, which I find hilarious when it's delivered with some intelligent foundation.

Apologies Kyska, I wasn't trying to be belligerent and have never seen you post anything other than insightful comments.

I've a very good friend in global security and every time situations like this crop up he is more concerned with the threat from non reported incidents.

Sorry if I offended you

One would hope our world leaders would have the ability to sort this problem out by now. Putin isn't going to back down he's not even concerned about the domestic plight of his own people let alone other nations in the world. I think he is more intelligent than we imagine.

Instead of the postulating rhetoric that Barak Obama keeps spewing forth from his White house press conferences veiled in a shower of crocodile tears the bloke is spineless and ineffective.

America lead by Obama need to start proper face to face dialogue with the Russians on a similar hierarchical level.

If he cant do this send Michelle over ...it worked for Frank Underwood.

And what of the role of the UN in all this ? Are they completely spineless and ineffective too.

Still at least we wont have to worry about Chris Packhams petitions...we and the Grouse will be vapourised.

Edited by Adge Cutler

Apologies Kyska, I wasn't trying to be belligerent and have never seen you post anything other than insightful comments.

I've a very good friend in global security and every time situations like this crop up he is more concerned with the threat from non reported incidents.

Sorry if I offended you

That's better! Touché 👍

My mate has some all singing and dancing mobile device he isn't allowed to turn off. It updates him on specific real time threats and other stuff that's seriously James Bond. His colleagues are all ex "elite" forces ( Spetnaz, Foreign Legion, Seals, Japanese special forces, SBS ) and he works in a murky world. His take is Putin ( like Mercia ) has spent billions on a massive shiny sabre and he needs to rattle it.

God help us if Trump gets in.

Actually I'm a Gemini

My mate has some all singing and dancing mobile device he isn't allowed to turn off. It updates him on specific real time threats and other stuff that's seriously James Bond. His colleagues are all ex "elite" forces ( Spetnaz, Foreign Legion, Seals, Japanese special forces, SBS ) and he works in a murky world. His take is Putin ( like Mercia ) has spent billions on a massive shiny sabre and he needs to rattle it.

Actually I'm a Gemini

Whilst an elected trump would be a disaster for the hairdressing industry I do believe he would endear himself to Putin... They are of similar moral fibre.. perhaps even a presidential ménage à trois.

Edited by Adge Cutler

Actually I'm a Gemini

I had an uncle ex RMC SAS.. of Polish origin and after the Korean war employed by the home office.. nobody in the family knew what he did, he just went to work 5 days a week with the odd trip away which would last two or three weeks .. His wife thought he was just a high level civil servant.

At his funeral about 30 people of his age turned up at the Church all suited and booted nobody knew who they were but I invited them during the service out of courtesy, to come back to the hotel and join in the wake. About half a dozen came back they were former colleagues from M15 & MI6. Seems he had risen to a senior position and was recruited because he spoke German, Polish and Russian fluently.. My Aunt who is also now deceased was absolutely staggered and almost passed out in disbelief.... she never knew...particularly that he could speak several languages. She always suspected he was a Mason...and guess what ? he was too. !!

Mike, you may be onto something. Can you imagine Trump visiting Putin in Moscow ? the comedy value would be immense.

I find it odd that when Russia invaded Afghanistan they were satanic demons. When the West did it we were saviours. Neither came out of it well. I have a grudging respect for Putin. Chechen terrorists ? jobs done.

The yanks are hilarious " the Russian plane flew to close to our ship" " the pilot flew upside down over our plane and gave our pilots the middle finger ". Grow up America, someone as big is standing up to you. Russia is not Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Panama, Somalia or Haiti

Mike, you may be onto something. Can you imagine Trump visiting Putin in Moscow ? the comedy value would be immense.

I find it odd that when Russia invaded Afghanistan they were satanic demons. When the West did it we were saviours. Neither came out of it well. I have a grudging respect for Putin. Chechen terrorists ? jobs done.

The yanks are hilarious " the Russian plane flew to close to our ship" " the pilot flew upside down over our plane and gave our pilots the middle finger ". Grow up America, someone as big is standing up to you. Russia is not Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Panama, Somalia or Haiti

Quite. I think the world forgets that Russia has a culture which goes back thousands of years. America to when we gave them independence in 1776 ! Before that they were just a bunch of buffalo worriers