Injkjet printer that doesnt die when not used for 2/3 months

clakk

Every year have to print off holiday docs/fboarding cards etc.The rest of the year lucky to use a printer every 3 months tops ,but had enough of then finding its packed up .Blocked jets/dried out print heads etc and buying yet another printer .

Help anyone suggest a good intermittent use printer be it inkjet ,laser or whatever .Thanks in advance

Laser printer. I've got a Brother MFC 7320 jobbie I bought when I was teaching abroad. Economical when used with pattern cartridges, fast,quiet and can be left for months without gumming up.

Bit of a monster though, good for home office. Also had smaller lasers without gumming probs.

Try https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00EKF2D24/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1477508696&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=laser+printer&dpPl=1&dpID=41qOgj%2BNcNL&ref=plSrch

Edited by Glenlivet

If you leave an inkjet type printer for months at a time then you will get blocked jets, it doesn't matter how much you pay this will happen. The inkjet nozzles are incredibly small so even slight drying will fubar them. What you could do is run a head clean every couple of weeks but you will end up using most of your ink up doing this. A laser printer will have it's own set of problems if left for a long period, fuser rollers can develop flat spots so you get banging noises when it prints and the photo conductors can develop quality problems. Oh and don't use **** paper in either printers unless you enjoy clearing paper jams.

As said before -- Laser. I got a very pretty samsung in 2008 for £50 -- with a wine voucher for... £50. Since then I bough cartridges from ebay for about £15 quid each, and it's still working perfectly, and I expect it to continue.

Also, with good paper, the prints looks a LOT nicer on a laser than with an inkjet.

It might pay you to just print off a few sheets of something every now and then, just to keep the nozzles clean etc. Most printers will also allow you to do a diagnostic run on them, and you can set the printer to clean the heads.

yep i agree one quick nozzle check once a week saves a lot of grief and cash