.22 LR

scorpius

I shoot CZ 22. Ranging from 20- 100 yards. My gun is 15 years old. When I first bought it 3years ago it shoot like a pig!

Gave it good hard clean, polished trigger.

Worked through loads of different makes of ammo. From £4 for 50 up to £11 for 50. Settled for centre X £6 a box. Changed mounts on Scope. Fired with and without moderator. Finally found out mod was working loose during shooting 20p washer sorted it out

Secret was not clean it more carp in barrel the better it shoot. Take it out of cabinet shoot 50-100 rounds at at a time, put it back now never clean it. Shooting of bipod average 98.4 at 25 yards 99.2 at 100 yards.

Sweet little gun paid £150, wouldn't awap it.

Malcolm

I shoot CZ 22. Ranging from 20- 100 yards. My gun is 15 years old. When I first bought it 3years ago it shoot like a pig!

Gave it good hard clean, polished trigger.

Worked through loads of different makes of ammo. From £4 for 50 up to £11 for 50. Settled for centre X £6 a box. Changed mounts on Scope. Fired with and without moderator. Finally found out mod was working loose during shooting 20p washer sorted it out

Secret was not clean it more carp in barrel the better it shoot. Take it out of cabinet shoot 50-100 rounds at at a time, put it back now never clean it. Shooting of bipod average 98.4 at 25 yards 99.2 at 100 yards.

Sweet little gun paid £150, wouldn't awap it.

Malcolm

I think for rifles with poorer barrels or rust, pitting, fouling that won't clean off ur better to run them dirty and the dirt evens up any pitting imperfections etc.

OP Did u try playing with a few thiings, scope, mounts, mod on/off ammo to see if they made any differnce.

Edited by scotslad

Any .22LR should be pretty accurate regardless of make/model/type. If any .22lr is spraying them all over the place something is wrong somewhere.

There is no price point where rubbish becomes accurate, and there is no point in comparing a HMR to a .22lr, they are different animals!

As some have already mentioned CZ are ok and generally competitively priced within the market place.

:good:

CZ all the way.

452 if you can get it, but make sure it has a good trigger kit put in (if not get one yourself, I have a brooks trigger in and it is decent).

455 is the new one (they don't make the 452 anymore). Different gun, those who have them seem to like them. Seems to shoot as straight as the 452.

If you have the cash and want to splash out, Anschutz have some cracking rifles out there. 30 years old and incredible barrels.