.22 LR

scorpius

I have just purchased a cheap Browning Pump Action .22 LR (£80) I now realise that you get what you pay for, I will try and return it to the shop because even at 30 yds the rounds are all over the place. I have a 17HMR what a fantastic gun, I am no great shot but at 100 yds it's very accurate.

My question is can those more experienced than me advise me on what should I expect to pay for a reliable accurate 22LR, and any makes to look for. Thanking you.

Heaps of decent relible brno's or CZ's out there, esp if ur not wanting owt fancy. Think i paid 60 quid for mine god knows how long ago (must be 10 yrs+) and that was with a scope and mod.

Never missed a beat and still going strong but its no looker thou.

Might not be able to with ur FAC conditions (althou u will be going for a 1 for 1 anyway) but try to stick to a bolt action, very little to go wrong and operate sliently unlike SA's

Ps I doubt it will be as easy as returning it to the shop and picking up a new 1, as ur licence with have to go back and wait for it to be taken of ur licence to free up the slot, completely bonkers really nd can take months in some areas.

Also i take it u have double checked the scope/swapped it out, checked mounts, checked barrels floating, checked stock srews are tight and even tried a few different brands of bullets.

Could easily be any of the above or ur rifle could be ****? but 22's are usually fairly bomb proof

I have just purchased a cheap Browning Pump Action .22 LR (£80) I now realise that you get what you pay for, I will try and return it to the shop because even at 30 yds the rounds are all over the place. I have a 17HMR what a fantastic gun, I am no great shot but at 100 yds it's very accurate.

My question is can those more experienced than me advise me on what should I expect to pay for a reliable accurate 22LR, and any makes to look for. Thanking you.

Can't read it sorry

Of

Must admit buying a new 22lr is a complete waste of money, usually a bolt action cz or brno are just about bomb proof and usually u don't have any accuracy issues with the barel the way u can with other calibres either cf or faster rf.

Even an older 2nd hand bolt action cz or brno would prob last most folks life time really

On a related note, does anyone know if its possible to fit a heavy bull barrel to a HK416 .22?

I doubt it m8 as it has one of those pencil thin barrels under a barrel sheath check it out on youtube that's why I went with the m&P 15-22 nice thick barrel on it also isn't the barrel attached to the bolt assembly. if you haven't striped it I think you should look on you tube a channel called G&A guns and accessories channel has a very in detail review off your rifle hk416 vs m&P 15-22 I think. on a different note to the op get a cz 452 fella they are solid rifles I got a 10-22 15-22 and 452 and the 452 is my favourite rifle out the bunch

Edited by kory1986

To those members that offered constructive advice I thank you, to those that criticised the "font" being

unable to read, for future reference please assist by stating the acceptable font size, and any other changes that I should make. To the member that suggested that I was just being "posh" I treat that comment with the

contempt it deserves.

My apologies scorpius,, I have just completed a "Diversity and Equality" Training day so I now fully understand that not all banter is received as that.

It was a tongue in cheek comment very much like putting a 60amp fuse in your lighting. ;)

Anyway back on topic,

For what you paid you cant really grumble if you have any ratting you could try shot shells, you may not have a target rifle but you do have a cheap knock about ratting rifle.

Have you tried a selection of different ammo ? you may find one that does a little or allot better.