3 points

edd

just got pulled over for my L plates not being on ( broke) and i get fined and 3 points. im not happy to say the least, and i havent even passed my car test, im gutted ( this was on my bike) :stupid::):good::yes::D:D:)

just got pulled over for my L plates not being on ( broke) and i get fined and 3 points. im not happy to say the least, and i havent even passed my car test, im gutted ( this was on my bike) :stupid::):good::yes::D:D:)

Ah bad luck mate. Hopefully 3 points should not effect our insurance too much. Mine dont. Although I have been driving for a few years.

Try here: pepipoo

There are a lot of lawyers p'd off with traffic police. While they are mainly concerned with speeding offences, you may get some good advice. I just got off a 3 points & £60 fine thanks to them.

cheers i have just posted! keep you posted

Sorry to hear it. However if you knew they were broken then it's a fair cop, otherwise it is just bad luck.

Shame they are not so hot on these number plates with the incorrect spacing and silly fonts. Now that would be a money spinner for the police.

I am sorry to hear this but you mention both plates missing. In all honesty, if was a copper and pulled you over, I would have a hard time accepting that they both broke at the same time.

If however the front plate was intact and legal (i.e. not cut down to fit) you could say that the other plate was complete and fitted correctly when you checked it before starting your journey. :stupid:

I dunno, for me this falls into the police officer discretion category. If you were polite and apologetic (and passed the test) then they should have let you off as a "goodwill" gesture. In the scheme of earning 3 points it's not like 47 mph in a 30 outside a school is it or jumping a red light.

Edd I do sympathise with you a little but i'm sorry fella, you kinda walked into it with open arms. Best to treat it as a lesson learnt. :yes:

INDEED i will learn from this very well indeed

( mossy ) well what can i say :)

off to pay my fine and show my liecence now :good::stupid:

Cheer up sonny!!

There is talk about the insurance companies no longer using penalty point to penalise drivers. This is being looked into as they say over 85% or drivers has points on their licence and in todays day and age with all the speed cameras etc about it's inevitable you will get caught at some time or another and end up with points!

I was listening intently to the radio the other morning when this was on and thought it was a **** idea as those who have more points are more a risk but THEN though about the people who simply went over the speed limit un intentionally etc and really it could happen to anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF it comes about your insurance should be fine unless you actually CRASH etc. To be perfectly honest i think points for speeding is wrong anyway as you already pay your £60 fine so why should you be charged extra??

Personally i have a clean licence but i know it's only a matter of time till i go through a 30 zone at 36 etc not able to look at the speedo every 3 seconds as you have to watch kids on the roadside etc :stupid:

When I was a kid on a motorbike i was pulled over for MANY things even no L plate on the rear and NEVER got points just warnings to get a new plate fitted. It seems harsh to me to dish out penalty points when a warning would have been sufficient!!!!

Really all they had to do was inform you you were missing the plate and give you a producer let you fit the plate and get the document stamped at a MOT bay and let that be the end of it.

I think the PC in question needs a good kick up the shortbread :)

LG

To be perfectly honest i think points for speeding is wrong anyway as you already pay your £60 fine so why should you be charged extra??

That's not right LG. You would then get some rich idiot who has no concern for other peoples safety who does exactly as they please because they can afford the fine(s).

Losing you licence is an incentive not to speed.

To be perfectly honest i think points for speeding is wrong anyway as you already pay your £60 fine so why should you be charged extra??

That's not right LG. You would then get some rich idiot who has no concern for other peoples safety who does exactly as they please because they can afford the fine(s).

Losing you licence is an incentive not to speed.

but these 'rich idiots' get away with it anyway, they just hire one of those traffic offence lawyers and get away with it.

look on the bright side, your 3 points wont cost as much as my trip into the back of a van because MR DHL decided to pull across me. Not my fault, yet im 1 car and £400 out of pocket, and this is before i know if im getting made liable or not.

Life is a biatch sometimes, but it gets better.