Talk from the field.

JDog

Should't this be the first topic on the list?

As it is it comes in way down after other less relevant topics such as 'Off topic' and 'In the play pen'. This may be one reason why those who do not shoot much but have strong opinions on non shooting related topics take up so much space on the forum and no doubt moderators time.

I agree , almost all the threads I see that descend into chaos / slanging matches etc are in off topic .

It could be argued there should be no off topic .

The shooting pages I am a member of on facebook are just that , they rarely if ever have any one asking for the latest knitting pattern etc , etc , etc.

You may well be correct as regards to where it is placed on the forum list but I don't think it makes much difference.

I think 'off topic' is good on any forum, it allows members to talk about other things and interests, also many members go here for help on a subject not related to shooting.

You will always get people with strong opinions who get a little hot under the collar no matter what the subject is.

I agree , almost all the threads I see that descend into chaos / slanging matches etc are in off topic .

It could be argued there should be no off topic .

The shooting pages I am a member of on facebook are just that , they rarely if ever have any one asking for the latest knitting pattern etc , etc , etc.

That reminds me, where is the knitting page?

Oh I'm not too sure about that; much depends on what one does with ones shot pigeons. ;)

I've seen some major humdingers in the wild fowling section, and the game shooting and stalking section. Off topic will generate more chaos because it is a much broader aspect of conversation.