Triton electric shower

steve_b_wales

I have the above shower (Triton Bezique) which has been installed for at least 9 years. It's served us well, but during the last few weeks, I've noticed that (1) when the main power is sent to the shower, it 'start's for a few seconds, releasing cold water, and (2) when the shower is switched off on the control knob, you can hear the 'clunking' sound of the valve closing (as it's always done) but now it starts back up again releasing more cold water. This can happen once, or a few times. The only way to stop it is to isolate the power from the main switch.

What is causing this, and is it repairable? Or, would it be better to just replace the shower itself? I don't mind, but all the pipes etc are behind wall tiles, and I don't think they can be purchased anymore.

It sounds like the solenoid is not closing properly.or it could be the switch .

But after 9yrs you have not done bad .electric showers are not that dear any more it may be cheaper to get a new one than

Mend the old ones.or you can just turn it off at the isolater when done with

Its had it and not worth repairing,just replace with triton tz80 ? fits any water entry with a swivel connection :good:

Its had it and not worth repairing,just replace with triton tz80 ? fits any water entry with a swivel connection :good:

Wow,just noticed that this is my 3000th post :thanks:

Trton give info on their site showing which shower is a direct exchange, fitting wise for all their showers. ( last time I changed mine anyway)

Some "newer" showers are of greater power than the old ones thus requiring the wiring to be replaced as well. We came up against this when considering a replacement electric shower.

Steve, before you write the shower off have a word with the shower doctor in Edinburgh. Just supplied us with a solenoid cheaply for our Mira and a doddle to fit. Far cheaper than a call out or going direct to manufacturers

https://www.showerdoc.com/search?ss=Triton+bezique

I agree got a solenoid for my mira shower a couple of months back less than £10 delivered and they have instructional videos to show you how to fit the part.

Steve, before you write the shower off have a word with the shower doctor in Edinburgh. Just supplied us with a solenoid cheaply for our Mira and a doddle to fit. Far cheaper than a call out or going direct to manufacturers

https://www.showerdoc.com/search?ss=Triton+bezique

Thank You. I'll contact him soon.

Steve. :good: