Please List your GREY SQUIRREL KILLS for 2017 Here

webber

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 on feeder yesterday.

I use a high vis peice of plastic that goes under the lid and falls out if the lid is lifted.

It's still there today which may indicate they're all done for this area for the meantime.

The first day since mid November that there been no critters on it.

Edited by Robertt

This week has been a nightmare, l have been wanting to get out squizzers bashing but grandchildren keep arriving due to parents shopping etc.

On Wednesday the granddaughter is banging on the patio windows and pointing at 3 squizzers in the garden accompanied by Mrs PS saying how lovely they are, that soon changed when they both went off to the play room upstairs, 2 down in rapid succession with the TX200.

Today after the circumnavigation of Chelmsford to get yet more B,ing shopping l got out at 14:00 armed with the HMR in search of squizzers, and did we find them, oh yes.

First lot sitting under an oak tree without  a care in the world, it was like shooting ducks at the fair, +5.

Moved over to another area and watched a Buzzard hunting, Magpies and Jays chattering away in the background when from nowhere a little grey shape appeared, only seeing his head and shoulders above the grass when he sits up and 17gr of Fed Shox sat him on his bottom!

The light is fading fast now but one of his mates comes for a look, wrong decision, and l can only just pick out his head but staying still just a fraction too long was a big mistake.

Don't suppose l will get out now till next Thursday at the earliest, so to all enjoy your Christmas and resume the eradication of the grey devils after the festivities.

think its 21 or 22 now out of my garden, the misses has been taking the Mickey by sending me photos when I'm in bed of them on the lawn, just goes to show how many will come through your garden I only ever see one or two normally, had a tripple once so there travelling in from the surrounding woods, should be loads of song birds come spring time.

10 minutes ago, Mice! said:

think its 21 or 22 now out of my garden, the misses has been taking the Mickey by sending me photos when I'm in bed of them on the lawn, just goes to show how many will come through your garden I only ever see one or two normally, had a tripple once so there travelling in from the surrounding woods, should be loads of song birds come spring time.

Still very good going mate.