Lemon tree

winnie&bezza

Afternoon all. I'm no plant expert at all so need the plant gurus amongst you to give me some advice.

About 5 years ago I got a lemon out the fridge which had been in their a while andncut it open to use. Inside was 2 seeds that had little green shoots growing from to my surprise. Put them in water and both started to grow and grew to a fair size. One did die and this one is still growing.

Now this one had all brown little seed things stuck to the stems etc and leaves are all sticky. I wiped all the brown things off and sprayed leafs with water mixed with washing up liquid. Now does anyone know best way to look after it and does the plant look dodgy?

IMG_5698_zpsby3jbto4.jpg

IMG_5697_zpsezy0ejjr.jpg

IMG_5696_zpsmmknclwh.jpg

It's a parasite. Soapy water or a dedicated spray i think. Jdog is the font of knowledge on this.

As said, I have sprayed with soapy water. Hope he's along soon then.

Looks dodgy to me, are you growing it for the lemons or just for its ornamental value :whistling:

It just grew and of course I'd love lemons but no doubt I'm not doing the things in need to do to make that happen.