Guns in America

fortune

what about planes? air marshalls have been around for years, I remember the good old days when the cockpit door was open, and you just asked the hostess and she let you go up for a chat with the crew.

if its good enough for planes, it ought to be good enough for schools,

you don't get mass shootings at ball parks, as the place is filled with marshalls, do you get my drift.

I was in Majorca in the summer, there were a lot of festivities, and many families dancing traditional Spanish stuff, it was really nice to see the cops walking up and down in a pair, with pistols in holsters, I felt safer.

maybe I am just a realist.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are blacks and hispanics in other countries around the world, in fact I'm pretty sure there are a whole lot of black countries in Africa and at least half a dozen hispanic ones yet none have anywhere near the murder/gang/gun crime as the US of A, methinks something within the US of A is partly to blame and it just happens to be run by mainly old white men ! Just stating facts by the way.

Don't know the latest figures but the ones I found for 2014 showed the countries with the highest murder rate were all Hispanic or African countries, The stats were per 100,000 people.

S

the 'I don't get it' was regarding inthedarks reply of post number 19, something about a rourkes drift, whatever the hell that is.

Rourkes Drift is a place in South Africa that the British Army tried to defend against the Zulu nation and got massacred (mostly)

In the scenario above your school gun marshall is the British army, and the gun toting zombie killers are the Zulus

There are blacks and hispanics in other countries around the world, in fact I'm pretty sure there are a whole lot of black countries in Africa and at least half a dozen hispanic ones yet none have anywhere near the murder/gang/gun crime as the US of A, methinks something within the US of A is partly to blame and it just happens to be run by mainly old white men ! Just stating facts by the way.

I could point you in the direction of Brazil, Columbia, Mexico, Honduras, South Africa, Somalia, CAR, Sudan, all countries with huge gang/tribal problems. I think you have a problem with the US and 'old white men' whilst totally missing the point that a young black man has been in charge of the US for the past 8 years.

Rourkes Drift is a place in South Africa that the British Army tried to defend against the Zulu nation and got massacred (mostly)

In the scenario above your school gun marshall is the British army, and the gun toting zombie killers are the Zulus

The Battle of Rorke's Drift, also known as the Defence of Rorke's Drift, was a battle in the Anglo-Zulu War. The defence of the mission station of Rorke's Drift, under the command of Lieutenant John Chard of the Royal Engineers and Lieutenant Gonville Bromhead, immediately followed the British Army's defeat at the Battle of Isandlwana on 22 January 1879, and continued into the following day, 23 January.

Just over 150 British and colonial troops successfully defended the garrison against an intense assault by 3,000 to 4,000 Zulu warriors. The massive but piecemeal[9]Zulu attacks on Rorke's Drift came very close to defeating the tiny garrison but were ultimately repelled. Eleven Victoria Crosses were awarded to the defenders, along with a number of other decorations and honours.

Isandlwana was the massacre (some 1300 British killed), Rorke's Drift was a subsequently successful defence.

See "Zulu" the fillum

what about planes? air marshalls have been around for years, I remember the good old days when the cockpit door was open, and you just asked the hostess and she let you go up for a chat with the crew.

if its good enough for planes, it ought to be good enough for schools,

you don't get mass shootings at ball parks, as the place is filled with marshalls, do you get my drift.

I was in Majorca in the summer, there were a lot of festivities, and many families dancing traditional Spanish stuff, it was really nice to see the cops walking up and down in a pair, with pistols in holsters, I felt safer.

maybe I am just a realist.

Dunno if ur a realist or not but but having armed cops hasn't really helped the attrocites in France or Germany recently.

I'd consider myself a realist too, and if some nut job/terrorist looses it it is just pure luck/fate if u are in the right/wrong place at that time. They're not sane people i doubt they even research wether or not its a gun free zone.

Have u honestly never had the same feeling at a uk event?? with no visible armed cops.

There is sports events every weekned with tens of thousands of folk attending and plenty of galas/festivals throughout uk all go off without a hitch and no need for armed cops.

The simple fact is even now with elevated terror threat levels u still have to be very very very very unlucky to be anywhere near it and i doubt armed cops will make any difference

I really do find it deeply disturbing that they feel the need to have armed marshals in schools and that many schools routinely have mass murder/crazed gunman drills, the way we used to have fire drills.

Americia has completely lost the plot reguarding guns, but i also think there is some sort of national flaw in there phsyce/mentality too where guns are involved, there is plent yother countires that have high gun ownership but don't have the same problems.

Also i think modern society and computer games/internet/twitter possibly can create folk not entirely living in the real world more so than in past generations and adding that to a massive ammount of available guns wether legal or not is never going to end well

I know we moan about the way some forces interept firearms legislation here but i'd still rather be in our situation than there's

I could point you in the direction of Brazil, Columbia, Mexico, Honduras, South Africa, Somalia, CAR, Sudan, all countries with huge gang/tribal problems. I think you have a problem with the US and 'old white men' whilst totally missing the point that a young black man has been in charge of the US for the past 8 years.

You could but where are the figures ? The US is widely acknowledged as "factually" the leader in mass shooting, mass murder and general violence of the "civilised" world. Its police lead the world in shooting innocent (statistically 8 times as many black) people in the back or while sitting in their car for minor driving misdemeanours ;)

Yes I do, I believe the US is the instigator of most modern wars (to feed its Military Industrial Complex) and the cause of (not to mention funder) of many a terror group. Truth is stranger than fiction. Incidentally this is not just a random opinion of mine, hundreds of world academics think the same, you're on FB, you can always chose to broaden your horizons if you wish and read up a little on these matters. I think you have a problem of finding Alternative Facts more appealing. :yes:

And no Obama was never in charge of anything much.

Dunno if ur a realist or not but but having armed cops hasn't really helped the attrocites in France or Germany recently.

I'd consider myself a realist too, and if some nut job/terrorist looses it it is just pure luck/fate if u are in the right/wrong place at that time. They're not sane people i doubt they even research wether or not its a gun free zone.

Have u honestly never had the same feeling at a uk event?? with no visible armed cops.

There is sports events every weekned with tens of thousands of folk attending and plenty of galas/festivals throughout uk all go off without a hitch and no need for armed cops.

The simple fact is even now with elevated terror threat levels u still have to be very very very very unlucky to be anywhere near it and i doubt armed cops will make any difference

I really do find it deeply disturbing that they feel the need to have armed marshals in schools and that many schools routinely have mass murder/crazed gunman drills, the way we used to have fire drills.

Americia has completely lost the plot reguarding guns, but i also think there is some sort of national flaw in there phsyce/mentality too where guns are involved, there is plent yother countires that have high gun ownership but don't have the same problems.

Also i think modern society and computer games/internet/twitter possibly can create folk not entirely living in the real world more so than in past generations and adding that to a massive ammount of available guns wether legal or not is never going to end well

I know we moan about the way some forces interept firearms legislation here but i'd still rather be in our situation than there's

Did the police in France not shoot dead the lorry driver, not preventing the attack but stopping it, the police in Israel shot dead a terrorists that knocked down and killed soldiers, again not preventing the attack but stopping it before he could kill more people. The unarmed police in Cumbria had to back off allowing the shooter a free rain to murder 12 people. The murders of Lee Rigby again had a fee hand and could have murdered numerous civilian's before armed police arrived, etc etc.

That just about sums it up and I agree with those comments 100%

I'd. Better get off up to see BOSHER, Armourer to the masses straight away. He has been proclaiming this for ages. We're OK for knives, she's got several carving knives in the kitchen draw but I did read that the blood from zombies makes the blades go all rusty. She will do her nut if that happens. and the Zombies won't like cold rusty steel right up em, Mr Mainwaring. Our American friends won't understand all of this post. It's about an old TV series.

***** just spat my bourbon on the wood burner lol

Flynnyf

Edited by flynny

You mean, they're not really the world police with the answer to everything? :sad1: I've been conned, must change my newspapers

P.S. - stupid is a power word most often used by those of limited intellect. Not wanting to start a war here, but it was a bit strong

You can write pretty well so are clearly not stupid! Peace in our time... :)

i think that every law abiding citizen in the uk and in other countries should be allowed a pistol, firing rubber bullets for personal protection, used in conjunction with a training course, a lady walking her dog alone, or similar should have the legal means to defend herself, a mace or alarm is laughable.

The casual violence dished out today needs a response, drugs are in the systems of so many. A rubber bullet would send the message, either through prevention by the knowledge you may be carrying one, or being hit by one.

the option for self defence should be there, some would take it, others wouldn't, very few criminals would argue with a rubber bullet.

currently i am allowed to use reasonable force, but panic, adrenaline and sheer terror cant be calculated, the knowledge of a little 6 shooter would make self defence a clearer option.

You may laugh, its your right, but the violence out there is shocking, and the self defence laws haven't moved with it.

Are you aware no such pistol exists outside Toys r US? There are no six shot easily carried weapons capable of inflicting a serious non lethal deterrent.

I think if I was faced by a knife wielding mugger a nerf gun is unlikely to deter him.

The option for self defence is still there, a lady walking her dog is highly unlikely to be able to access her fictional weapon if attacked.

I was the victim of an attempted mugging at a cash point so I agree with your comment regarding adrenaline etc.

When faced with someone who has been prepared for violence and is pumped up on adrenaline already they usually win.

the option for self defence should be there, some would take it, others wouldn't, very few criminals would argue with a rubber bullet.

currently i am allowed to use reasonable force, but panic, adrenaline and sheer terror cant be calculated, the knowledge of a little 6 shooter would make self defence a clearer option.

You may laugh, its your right, but the violence out there is shocking, and the self defence laws haven't moved with it.

Where do u live that voilence is so bad??

I've drank in some fairly dodgy pubs over the years but i've never felt the need for a spud gun.

While everyone should have the right to defend urself, where it all falls down (and america is the prime example) how do u stop the hoodlums getting hold of ur rubber bullet guns? So then wot give out real guns??

Once u go down that road it is a vicous cycle, america is so far down that road they have no option but to throw more guns into the mix

If you could all go out with rubber bullets it might stop them for a day, after that the muggers/attackers would hide behind a bush and whack you a rubber bullet in the ribs as you pass :rolleyes: while you're trying to re-learn how to breath they'll then relieve you of what they want as well as a spare rubber gun.

Guns are not the answer, having a society that respects one another and doesn't need guns is.