Just Cartridges CSP

We had our last day on the pheasants yesterday. When I went to the gun cupboard to fill up the bag I found I only had one box if the black gold 32 gram 5 left! I filled the bag with the above cartridge in 6.5 shot which I use for decoying and bloody hell do they kill! I shot some storming birds stone dead. Think the BG will be a thing of the past and these will be my new all round cartridge.

I've found with the black gold I have hit a lot of birds hard which then carry on.

Anyone else use an ounce of 6.5 shot on pheasants?

CSP competion are a cracking shell. I just wish they done them in 24 grm. Have not used them for a good while. But from what I can remember they had the Gordon recoil system. ( which they have now ditched ) That was the only criticism I had with the shell as I personally felt it was nothing more than a gimmick that put an extra £10-15 a thousand on top. There was just no need for it.

But I'm with you 100% on the performance. In fact when I speak to them in the week I will ask them if they have plans for a 24 gram shell.

Edited by stevo

They are effectively a clone of the Gamebore White gold in 7.5eu size (6.5 uk) my favourite load for game shooting in my 12 bore.

300 pellets effective out to 45 yards without a lot of choke and they pattern well in fibre with diamond shot and kill well,

Not an insubstantial number of people would benefit from going down the same route rather than upping shot size to increase killing power.

Edited by Stonepark

But from what I can remember they had the Gordon recoil system. ( which they have now ditched ) That was the only criticism I had with the shell as I personally felt it was nothing more than a gimmick that put an extra £10-15 a thousand on top. There was just no need for it.

Having shot a box of blue lightening yesterday I am sold on the Gordon system and will happily pay £10-15 a thousand extra for shels with it. Any others to look for other than blue diamond from gamebore....

Edited by HDAV

Having shot a box of blue lightening yesterday I am sold on the Gordon system and will happily pay £10-15 a thousand extra for shels with it. Any others to look for other than blue diamond from gamebore....

Lightening have been around for yrs great cartridge. But I think your find it's more to do with the powder than the GRS.

Edited by stevo

Whatever it was shooting 31g blue lightening was nicer than pretty much every cart I have tried recently

Have a go with there Red game or Grouse carts and compare them to the blue lights. There pretty much the same shell but with out the GRS.

There just one of those company's like HULL cartridge that don't scrimp with harsh powders. They blend them like Hull to there own spec.

If I could get them over this way I would always have a couple of slabs on standby. Like I said cracking shell

The blue lightening were much nicer than the hull high pheasant I used subsequently

And nicer than the fblack I normally use for clays

I 100% agree with you on the F blacks. I shot about 150 of them the other week and went home with a headache haha.

Anyway going back to the csp shells I confess I have not tried there game range only there competion line and was properly impressed with them. Just wish they done a 24 grm for OT as that's all you can use.

CSP competion are a cracking shell. I just wish they done them in 24 grm. Have not used them for a good while. But from what I can remember they had the Gordon recoil system. ( which they have now ditched ) That was the only criticism I had with the shell as I personally felt it was nothing more than a gimmick that put an extra £10-15 a thousand on top. There was just no need for it.

But I'm with you 100% on the performance. In fact when I speak to them in the week I will ask them if they have plans for a 24 gram shell.

Steve these were never Gordon cases

post-5172-0-95909600-1485728313_thumb.jpg