Covert cctv help

Daveo26

do the decent thing and approach social services and explain your concerns dementia is a horrible illness and causes very irrational behavior.

some of the people my partner looks after are in their 80's and they act in a very irrational manner, she often has bruises when she comes home after they throw tantrums looking for mammy or daddy.

Remember it could easily be your parents acting strange, would you want them arrested or would you want someone who understands dementia to investigate.

I like this idea or just have a word with his son, you have said he reasonable and he may already know his dad can be a little "wayward"

If that didn't work then maybe that's the time to go down the cctv route?

:shaun:

I'm absolutely not going to the police,

Firstly as irritating as this is to me I doubt the police would be particularly interested and I wouldn't really want him having to deal with that.

Secondly I could see it getting stupid, him reporting me for anything he could think of possibly things with no truth in them that the police have to respond to..........

This is a shooting forum it's safe to assume I shoot!

I want proof before I approach his son, no arguments that way.

I genuinely think it's boredom and a lack of things to do rather than any illness

He will spend hours jet washing his drive in the rain or pruning a tree until there is nothing left.

Or walking 3-4 miles to town not to buy anything

All the incidents of damage coincided with when he wanted to do something

So he will casually mention something and within a few days a disaster has befallen whatever he casually mentioned.

For example, I noticed he had acquired some bits of fence one day and he approached me and told me my wall was touching his fence.

I was puzzled and said well the wall hasn't moved.......

Just letting you know was the response.

I got home from work a few days later to find him waiting for me, your walls come down, gone with a right bang.......

Can you move it from my garden?

He obviously felt my wall was in his way.

This was the last incident and we fell out,

It's a few months later and it's started again.

Now my fence is falling to bits

Pretty much any dvr these days is run off a 12v adapter so the battery route is a good way to go if no power. Ahd is the best simple setup I have installed and the quality is great even through small covert cameras.

One thing to note is if he is a little odd then if it goes really sour and he claims you waved a gun or some other incident he makes up the cctv will ensure you have not done it and might just save a load of grief on your part.

Pretty much any dvr these days is run off a 12v adapter so the battery route is a good way to go if no power. Ahd is the best simple setup I have installed and the quality is great even through small covert cameras.

One thing to note is if he is a little odd then if it goes really sour and he claims you waved a gun or some other incident he makes up the cctv will ensure you have not done it and might just save a load of grief on your part.

Could you show me some examples of this please , who supplies it?

Cheers

The problem with CCTV is you can't have it over looking anybody's property and you must display a sign.I know when I had ours set up to cover the drive and garage this was stipulated.Dont know the law regarding trail cams, but poss set up looking along the perimeter might be ok.But he'd have to enter over onto your side to get good evidence.

Could you show me some examples of this please , who supplies it?

Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4CH-1080N-AHD-DVR-1500TVL-720P-Home-Outdoor-CCTV-Security-Camera-IR-Night-Vision-/172403362725?hash=item28240a8ba5:g:A68AAOSwcLxYIu4C

All you need is a hard drive, if you can wire a plug you can set this up!

I dont have any stills or footage but if you search for ahd 720p you will find examples and I have found for the money they are pretty good. Pinhole cameras will be extra but if you can hide these away then its good to go.

I have worked on several cctv systems where the police have requested footage and have never been bothered when the cameras have overlooked roads or other peoples land and no action was taken against them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4CH-1080N-AHD-DVR-1500TVL-720P-Home-Outdoor-CCTV-Security-Camera-IR-Night-Vision-/172403362725?hash=item28240a8ba5:g:A68AAOSwcLxYIu4C

All you need is a hard drive, if you can wire a plug you can set this up!

I dont have any stills or footage but if you search for ahd 720p you will find examples and I have found for the money they are pretty good. Pinhole cameras will be extra but if you can hide these away then its good to go.

I have worked on several cctv systems where the police have requested footage and have never been bothered when the cameras have overlooked roads or other peoples land and no action was taken against them.

I have a very similar system to this 8 cameras and only cost around £200. The picture is ok you can tell who is who but don't expect it to be like you see on TV. Two of my cameras can see my neighbors property and a further two cover the front street/road. The police have seen my cctv when they were looking for a missing woman and never commented on where they were pointing. Mine are ran on 240v but could easily be ran on 12v if needed.

Edited by Luckyshot

Yup...

He knows,

Could be I suppose,

I have now noticed he has done something to the damaged fence panel on his side,

I suspect he is not happy with how it looks from his side, and instead of having a reasonable conversation he decided to damage it in a bid to encourage me to replace it.

It's pouring down today so he can't finish sweeping one of his garden walls that he started yesterday...............

why couldn't he just enjoy crown green bowling or something?

I stated a fact there is documentation on this forum to support my post where a dispute with a neighbor has resulted in questions at the very least come renewal time so there is nothing to disagree with but I do disagree with your opinion that it is scaremongering. Until you put your opinion into this topic everyone was offering genuine help and your post offers nothing but an inflammatory comment

My dispute with my neighbours comes up every renewal and that was my neighbour threatening lol.

Thanks for backing me up but strictly speaking this subject is off topic. :good:

That's why I fitted CCTV after having cars damaged by the moron next door.He got caught avoiding paying tax and blamed me because I worked for HMRC.So he took it out on my wife's car & threatened to kill me!

That's why I fitted CCTV after having cars damaged by the moron next door.He got caught avoiding paying tax and blamed me because I worked for HMRC.So he took it out on my wife's car & threatened to kill me!

What a charming man :rolleyes:

I hope HMRC prosecuted him ruthlessly :lol::good:

What a charming man :rolleyes:

I hope HMRC prosecuted him ruthlessly :lol::good:

Yep as it was deemed as a threat on an employee.It's been lovely the last 10 yrs as he doesn't even look at me,never mind say anything.Still comes up on renewal though even though FEO has a letter from HMRC solicitor with his written apology. Edited by Davyo

Yep as it was deemed as a threat on an employee.It's been lovely the last 10 yrs as he doesn't even look at me,never mind say anything.Still comes up on renewal though even though FEO has a letter from HMRC solicitor with his written apology.

Very strange as I am also under Durham and my neighbor has had the police out on me many a time and it has never come up on any of my renewals.

Very strange as I am also under Durham and my neighbor has had the police out on me many a time and it has never come up on any of my renewals.

Did yours threaten to kill you? And did the stupid FEO (We all know the one) suggest that your neighbour may have the opportunity to seize a firearm while you are loading or off loading the car.I went through the trouble of fitting a auto roller door and a side entrance to the garage so no car was loaded/unloaded on the drive.

And if I wasn't for CCTV it would be his word against mine.It seems that threatening someone from the boundary is wrong but crossing the boundary with the same threat is intent apparently.

If I was the op I wouldn't think twice about getting CCTV installed.

Edited by Davyo

Did yours threaten to kill you? And did the stupid FEO (We all know the one) suggest that your neighbour may have the opportunity to seize a firearm while you are loading or off loading the car.I went through the trouble of fitting a auto roller door and a side entrance to the garage so no car was loaded/unloaded on the drive.

And if I wasn't for CCTV it would be his word against mine.It seems that threatening someone from the boundary is wrong but crossing the boundary with the same threat is intent apparently.

If I was the op I wouldn't think twice about getting CCTV installed.

No but I've been reported for theft, criminal damage trespass the list is endless. Some calls even resulting the police coming out on a Sunday and questioning me not at my house but my parents who live down the street from me after my neighbor told them where I was.

Pick up an Arlo yesterday and have to say I'm very impressed.

Ease of setup ( have a Hikvision Poe setup at our main house and it's a bit involved), clarity and features.

Also liked the magnetic mounts as this place we are in now has various exposed rsj's which it sticks too.

I was thinking why would someone need all those camera's then I kept reading and feel really Lucky to have good neighbours over the years, there are some strange people out there it's just a shame they can't mind their own business.

Good luck to all of you living by crazy people.