Mayweather vs McGregor?

Danger-Mouse

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen it, just goin off your comments he might fight in an octagon but it would still be boxing.

As for gloves thought Floyd had bad hands, its easy to mouth off once everything's been signed and seeled

The battleground sets the rules, if it's a fight in the Octagon then it's the whole shebang, punches, kicks, elbows and grappling, and Floyd isn't ever putting himself through that.

As for your second comment, correct on both counts. :good:

Just Mayweather being his usual self and never really gets in a flap.

Not sure who went retard more,Floyd saying he would fight in 4oz gloves or CM saying Floyd unconscious in 4. :hmm:

Well, as small as it may be, there is a chance one of those will happen . . . and it doesn't involve 4oz gloves. :lol:

The battleground sets the rules, if it's a fight in the Octagon then it's the whole shebang, punches, kicks, elbows and grappling, and Floyd isn't ever putting himself through that.

As for your second comment, correct on both counts. :good:

Well, as small as it may be, there is a chance one of those will happen . . . and it doesn't involve 4oz gloves. :lol:

Come on DM :lol:

You cant pick things out of the pressers and face off and say its a stupid or laughable thing to say.The whole point of them is to chat **** and wind up the opponent.Surely after following Mac you realise this by now.

Nobody seriously thinks Mayweather would fight in the octagon just the same as nobody seriously thinks Mac beats any boxer under 154lb in the world today,which he said in the presser.

Edited by sako751sg

It's all about money, non title shot

Why can't mayweather give another title holder a shot at his title, win or lose he is quids in .

Should never had been sanctioned

Conor just proves you can't polish a ****

Because Floyd doesnt hold any title.

He is retired,and hasnt fought for nearly 2 years so its all about money and not titles.

The people I feel sorry in all this are the mugs who will pay per view to see it! Circus road show, set up to allow two rich men to make millions. Its a farce, there will only be one winner in a boxing ring and everyone involved knows this. CM has nothing to lose and only millions to gain. Mayweather shut him up in Canada with his bet your purse comment. CM never managed a smart **** reply to that one! I cannot stand CM but you need to admire the way he has managed to pull this fight deal off. Dana Whyte looked like he was going to cream himself watching CM going full retard at the press conference. CM may well have a great business mind and loads of confidence, but he is still a ****! look at the way he was swaggering around the stage, looked like he was carrying two rolls of carpet under his arms!!!

Its all a circus sideshow, it will last as long as Mayweather want it to, is my guess ;-)

The people I feel sorry in all this are the mugs who will pay per view to see it! Circus road show, set up to allow two rich men to make millions. Its a farce, there will only be one winner in a boxing ring and everyone involved knows this. CM has nothing to lose and only millions to gain. Mayweather shut him up in Canada with his bet your purse comment. CM never managed a smart **** reply to that one! I cannot stand CM but you need to admire the way he has managed to pull this fight deal off. Dana Whyte looked like he was going to cream himself watching CM going full retard at the press conference. CM may well have a great business mind and loads of confidence, but he is still a ****! look at the way he was swaggering around the stage, looked like he was carrying two rolls of carpet under his arms!!!

Its all a circus sideshow, it will last as long as Mayweather want it to, is my guess ;-)

I thought going by what most MMA fans ive spoken to that CM would dominate the chat **** battle but hes cringeworthy bad.Mayweathers not a natural witty speaker but Macs seems to consist of *shut your ******* mouth" which is hardly mensa stuff.

The quitter jibe and betting the purse was decent from FM but as you say,its pure pantomime to sell the PPV.

• 1 month later...

In an interesting turn of events the Nevda State Athletic Commision has allowed the use of 8oz gloves in the fight.

I must say that when I heard Mayweather spouting off saying he was fine with the lighter gloves I thought he was only doing so because there was zero chance of the regulation being changed.

I guess they're the gloves Floyd is most used to but it would seem that the decision favours Conor more than Floyd.

Unless the fights a fix or Conor brakes the rules of boxing there's on one way this fight will end regardless what gloves they wear. I'm not watching this fight it's a joke.

Have you seen the brief clip of Conor sparring with Pauli Malignaggi? Admittedly it's only a few seconds long but Conor looks good, especially when he lands that sweet left hand.

Conor won't be breaking any rules, but I dare say he's going to mess with a few traditions and conventions of boxing.

Floyd is now saying he's going to press the action. Probably just him running his mouth to sell more PPVs but if he changes his style and tries to be aggressive too early he could well come unstuck. That's exactly what Aldo did and look at what happened to him.

FM is still clearly the favourite but I've put a few $s on Conor scoring an early KO. It's a nice ROI if he pulls it off.

Have you seen the brief clip of Conor sparring with Pauli Malignaggi? Admittedly it's only a few seconds long but Conor looks good, especially when he lands that sweet left hand.

Conor won't be breaking any rules, but I dare say he's going to mess with a few traditions and conventions of boxing.

Floyd is now saying he's going to press the action. Probably just him running his mouth to sell more PPVs but if he changes his style and tries to be aggressive too early he could well come unstuck. That's exactly what Aldo did and look at what happened to him.

FM is still clearly the favourite but I've put a few $s on Conor scoring an early KO. It's a nice ROI if he pulls it off.

Yes I have and I'm telling you Floyd's in another league. I'd rather put my money on a three legged rocking horse winning the grand national, you'd have more chance of it winning 😂

He looked **** to me, then i would expect that from someone that is not a boxer.

He looked **** to me, then i would expect that from someone that is not a boxer.

Arguably the fact that Conor isn't a boxer is what gives him a better chance in this fight. Boxers can't beat Floyd, that's already been proven.

Conor is going to strike from unusual angles, fight at an unfamiliar range and throw shots that boxing purists will dismiss as "wrong" because they aren't thrown in the way that boxers throw them. That left hand isn't thrown like a boxer would throw it. Conor over extends, doesn't plant his rear foot but when it hits, it hits hard.

As regards the sparring footage, let's not forget that 6 months ago Pauli was saying he'd whoop Conor even if he (Pauli) had a hand tied behind his back, that's not what he was saying after the sparring. Irrespective of whether it was a knockdown or not Pauli freely admitted he'd lost several rounds, in fact the majority in the second session. No doubt Pauli wasn't in top shape but he's still a two weight champion with a lifetime of boxing behind him.

Every clip i watch he looks horrendous and as you say its to be expected considering he has never had a fight as a pro boxer.

Folk say he will take a few things into the ring that Mayweather has never seen and with how ***** he looks i dont doubt it.