GP failure

ma77y

Hello all, I applied for my SGC in Novemberlast year, had a letter from GP saying I need to pay £100 fee for them to fill the medical questionnaire from Gmp.

I begrudgingly paid the fee and continued to wait for correspondence from the police.

On Friday 31st of March I received alerted from GMP stating that they still haven't received the medical questionnaire from my GP and that it's is going to cast serious doubt on my application.

I have a receipt from my GP for paying the fee, should I ask for my money back?

Also what other options are there in situations like this?

Thanks

No nothing to declare, it's just the standard 3 tick questionnaire that was sent to my GP from Gmp.

I will call the practice manager on my break today, can't believe after all the hassle I had over their so called "reasonable fee" they still Fu*ked it up.

I guess I will have to see proof that the letter was sent back to GMP as hopefully without it they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Do you think I should speak to the British medical association about the issue too?

I'm not a member of an organisation but may consider after this episode to avoid further problems.

Don't talk to the BMA, they are the GP's trade union. If you have a real complaint talk to the General Medical Council. Tell the practice manager that you will complain to the GMC if they don't sort it out immediately. Also talk to your sports body BASC etc about it.

David.

ma77y - I would speak to the Practice Manager to politely ask what the problem is / was. Advice seems to have started at complaint, followed by complaint to BMA, followed by complaint to GMC. It may be a simple mistake and that would be my starting point. I can't grasp why this needs to escalate so seriously.

I would amend post # 4. GMP Firearms visit this site and will not be impressed with the language, nor would the GPs be happy with your description of their efforts.

ma77y - I would speak to the Practice Manager to politely ask what the problem is / was. Advice seems to have started at complaint, followed by complaint to BMA, followed by complaint to GMC. It may be a simple mistake and that would be my starting point. I can't grasp why this needs to escalate so seriously.

I would amend post # 4. GMP Firearms visit this site and will not be impressed with the language, nor would the GPs be happy with your description of their efforts.

+1 Bang on the button. May be a simple mistake. Although I would wonder about the fee in the first place.

mossy835 - you have a valid point. That said, I am with GMP and renewed around the time that the OP applied. I don't know if renewals are treated differently than new applications, but I was not asked to pay for a report from the GP. I just gave permission to approach my GP.

my renewal is up in july,so will be sending my forms off in the next 2 weeks,i have feeling my doctor will want a fee,he did say to me that by the time mine is up it should all be sorted out,i wont hold my breath.

Do they want a medical report

I am in TV area and was told the police write to your gp to let them them know your FAC SGC is up for renewal and they put a marker on it

I have no medical issues so there is no need for medical report

A medical report is only asked for if police ask for one if you put on the form that you have a medical problem

Thanks for all replies people, had my SGC cabinet inspection yesterday and all good on that side. Tried speaking to practice manager but she's not in till Friday. Woman from GMP said that they will need the form from GP in order to proceed. Given I paid the £100 fee to my GP on 30/01/2017 they should have sorted it by now so guess I'll have wait until I've spoken to the practice manager on Friday to find out what's happening.

i have no medical issues at all,.i thought the police contacted your doctor to ask if there were any,

TV told me they write to your doc just to let him /her know that my ticket is up for renewal

And they make a note of it against your records

They do contact your doctor normally with a letter asking them to give information on anything that may affect your ability to have firearms if they don't respond in 2 weeks they assume all is fine and proceed to grant this is how it was in my case. I had joined a new doctors when I moved and the new doctors just asked me to pop in and they added the firearms marker to my notes. I reckon they must have contacted my previous doctors where I had been for over 15 years so may have got all the information they needed from them. Hope yours gets sorted soon.

Do you think someone would not be given a licence because they swear? I honestly believe that's ridiculous and the OP's mention that they F'd it up sounds quite accurate considering they had the cheek to ask for £100 for the privilege.

I am of the understanding from various posts here that no fees should be paid and the GP has a duty to reply if they have concerns. If the GP raises no concerns then the licencing authority should proceed with the application. It would also be the licencing authorities responsibility to cover any associated costs.

Do you think someone would not be given a licence because they swear? I honestly believe that's ridiculous and the OP's mention that they F'd it up sounds quite accurate considering they had the cheek to ask for £100 for the privilege.

You carry on believing that the Moon is made of green cheese. You need to get in touch with reality. The post shows a disregard for the law. Talk like that in public - you could be arrested. This is a public forum, which the Police do visit. There was no need to use the language, but some people just can't resist.

Whatever the problem, I don't care for the tone of the first post and you repeating and implying nothing is wrong puts you in the same boat. Stupidity springs to mind. If you can't see it - I rest my case.

PS - I admire the way that the GP has been found guilty without the formality of a fair hearing. Priceless idiocy.

You carry on believing that the Moon is made of green cheese. You need to get in touch with reality. The post shows a disregard for the law. Talk like that in public - you could be arrested. This is a public forum, which the Police do visit. There was no need to use the language, but some people just can't resist.

Whatever the problem, I don't care for the tone of the first post and you repeating and implying nothing is wrong puts you in the same boat. Stupidity springs to mind. If you can't see it - I rest my case.

PS - I admire the way that the GP has been found guilty without the formality of a fair hearing. Priceless idiocy.

Are we even reading the same post?

Saying someone F'd something up isn't exactly uncommon these days in any social sphere.

On what grounds would Police refuse a licence because of the use of profanity?

Whilst you might want to call people idiots, some may suggest your out of touch.

Try swearing in the street - get arrested and then tell me it won't affect your SGC. Naïve.

I don't see why people need to resort to that type of language to make a point. It merely makes them seem a little lacking in respect and education.

You seem to go out of your way to disagree with my posts - whatever the thread. It doesn't bother me - I find it amusing. Have a nice day.

Try swearing in the street - get arrested and then tell me it won't affect your SGC. Naïve.

I don't see why people need to resort to that type of language to make a point. It merely makes them seem a little lacking in respect and education.

You seem to go out of your way to disagree with my posts - whatever the thread. It doesn't bother me - I find it amusing. Have a nice day.

I imagine it would depend if someone was shouting and swearing or someone swears off the cuff such as the OP did.

Genuinely never noticed we've disagreed before, but ok.

It merely makes them seem a little lacking in respect

What is there to respect? A service that is total rubbish? A service that can't be contacted and treats any enquiry with complete distain? A service that makes up rules as they go along? A service where some forces can process a form in a few weeks and others that take nearly a year? From various poling sources about 1 in three of the population have no confidence or respect for the police.

What is there to respect? A service that is total rubbish? A service that can't be contacted and treats any enquiry with complete distain? A service that makes up rules as they go along? A service where some forces can process a form in a few weeks and others that take nearly a year? From various poling sources about 1 in three of the population have no confidence or respect for the police.

Apparently your not allowed to say that otherwise the Police will look up your posts on here and come take away your licence.

If you don't agree then you ust believe the moon is made of cheese and your an idiot :w00t:

Apparently your not allowed to say that otherwise the Police will look up your posts on here and come take away your licence.

If you don't agree then you ust believe the moon is made of cheese and your an idiot :w00t:

You sir are a heathen. Fancy not believing !! They are making a list, and your name will Go on the top! What is your name?