got an itch.....

ips

Hi Ips early on in the post you mentioned the mod saying .22 some mods can be caliber specific some BSA mods have to have an insert changed to suit the caliber /Try some groups without the mod on to see if this makes a diffrence.

ATB Roger

Good point roger, I had a problem years ago with a muzzle break on a falcon pcp so you may be onto something 👍

Have just changed scope for my donkey years old but tried and tested good scope with jap optics, Apollo 3-9x40. Will give it a go tomorrow see if that makes any improvement, if not will take mod off.

Will report back tomorrow evening 👍

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ips .

I see what you mean about your groups .i would expect at 25 yds them to be all in that red circle .

Even in a slight wind .

I would say your gun does not like accupells .its not keen on jsb either .

But then to be fair your shooting on 6 x mag with a thick crosshair .

I doubt your ever gonna see amazing groups .

I like to use between 10 and 16 x mag .on my pcps .(depending on cal and power )

And 9x on my springers

For a .177 at 25 yards that's not good ips.

After messing about swapping lenses on the Yukon on my Ultra I had to rezero and I can take the center ring out in no more than 10 shoots.

I know you probably know all this but...

When swapping between pellets run 20-30 through before you start testing your groups.

Don't chase zero for each pellet just have center as POA and as long as a POI is on the target you're cushty. You're checking for grouping, once you have a pellet that groups well you can chase zero.

Fill the cylinder between pellets so your getting like for like results.

Enjoy.

For a .177 at 25 yards that's not good ips.

After messing about swapping lenses on the Yukon on my Ultra I had to rezero and I can take the center ring out in no more than 10 shoots.

I know you probably know all this but...

When swapping between pellets run 20-30 through before you start testing your groups.

Don't chase zero for each pellet just have center as POA and as long as a POI is on the target you're cushty. You're checking for grouping, once you have a pellet that groups well you can chase zero.

Fill the cylinder between pellets so your getting like for like results.

Enjoy.

Cheers, yes I topped up regularily to ensure consistent pressure.

I am pretty sure its either a scope issue, I have swapped it now.

Or its the mod as pointed out earlier so will remove if scope doesn't fix it.

Will report back.

My AA would put one hole through the red ring so its not me...honest 😁

This is doing my head in.

Shot with new scope in slight wind, jsb and accupel with and without mod on and too be honest I got a bit confused with it all .

Below pic is prone off bipod with stock well supported at the back and no way was the shots pulled. The pic is turned ninety degree as the corner bull was bottom right if that makes sence shot without mod.

The centre bull was with mod but I was aiming at the top left bull so mod affected poi significantly low and right.

My head hurts.

WP_20170530_15_28_14_Pro_zpst0otxszh.jpg

A silencer is heavy so will bend your barrel down a fraction of a mm .

So if you zero wirh the silencer on as usual .then shoot a group with it off .the poi will be higher .

If there was no pellet clipping of the silencer in the first place

This is normal with a free floating barrel .

Didn't know that, cheers Stu 👍

Any thoughts on the grouping I am still not happy. I would like to be able to say its not two rubbish scopes however I once had three faulty new scopes in a row, all returned all replaced under warranty all accepted as faulty. So it is possible plus on thinking about it I have re parralaxed the Apollo scope some time ago and only had it on a springer which didn't group that well anyway. Maybe that has wrecked the scope or the springer wrecked it which I have also had before.

Its a quandry that's for sure.

Had a similar problem with the cz 22lr the stock was almost touching the barrell and could be pressed onto it in when shooting in certain positions which would send em off enough to be a bad shot,since floating barrell its been a different beast and what you would expect of a cz.

Have a look at what vampire says, is the barrel touching somewhere? If you haven't got any feelers just use a piece of paper check that where you have put the bipod isn't catching at all.

Given how much you were off with the mod back on I'm wondering is it on correct because that seems like a really big difference to me

Have a look at what vampire says, is the barrel touching somewhere? If you haven't got any feelers just use a piece of paper check that where you have put the bipod isn't catching at all.

Given how much you were off with the mod back on I'm wondering is it on correct because that seems like a really big difference to me

I was surprised too but ultrastu said its normal.

I am thinking maybe it needs a few thousand through it. Have changed scope tried mod off don't know what else to think. Unless it is a pellet issue of course

You could try putting some white paint/tippex or ! in the skirt of the pellet and just watch its trajectory with mod on and off.

One of my pcp rifles only liked superfields and only after it had a lining of lead in it,anyway i think you may find you have a loopy trajectory and the tracer round will highlight it. :yes:

Definate way to solve it would be to box it up take it back and buy a AA 410 .177 classic :good: lots of shots being the classic, long range being .177 and the best pcp multi shot. :whistling:

[quote name="vampire"

Definate way to solve it would be to box it up take it back and buy a AA 410 .177 classic :good: lots of shots being the classic, long range being .177 and the best pcp multi shot. :whistling:

Your so mean!

I'll bite, better than the Rapid 7

Better than the Hw 110

Couldn't resist 🤐

Just for comparison the AA400 in exactly same conditions, range etc. 10 shots per target, the scrappy one was a bit blustery. Interested in any thoughts.WP_20170530_18_45_12_Pro_zpsqv2xawx9.jpg

Not a lot different from the bsa then

Just for comparison the AA400 in exactly same conditions, range etc. 10 shots per target, the scrappy one was a bit blustery. Interested in any thoughts.WP_20170530_18_45_12_Pro_zpsqv2xawx9.jpg

Not a lot different from the bsa then

I think the wind is playing a bigger part in your group size than you think