got an itch.....

ips

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear ips, It looks like a case of the dodgy workman blaming his tools :whistling:

Ha, thing is yesterdays was off bipod and with a support under the stock so it may as well have been clamped in a workmate. Wind was not particularly evident just a slight breeze but I suppose it could have been enough to effect the grouping. No breeze at all today so if I get the chance I will have another session.

Update

Shot my tried and tested Apollo scope which has never let me down having spent its life on springers. Four shots in group still iffy then target goes out of focus 😞 I have killed my scope. I seem to remember re-paralaxing it some years ago and was a bit sceptical doing it but from memory it went well enough, could this be the reason why it died ? Certainly may answer the poor grouping but doesn't answer poor grouping with the tactical scope I had on and have now put on again. This is not the first time I have experienced dead scopes and one wonders if they die slowly giving poor results or just die all of a sudden ??

Ok 25yd no wind to speak of. Prone off bipod bisley mags (at least that's what I think they are) tactical x6 - 40 scope.

Now it may not look like it but it felt like it was grouping much better, had the odd wayward shot but I admit to two of them 😁

Its difficult even at 25yd with 6 mag, at 15yd it was pretty much one hole. Maybe I need a bigger scope, what mag do people use at 30-40 yd ??

WP_20170531_19_36_35_Pro_zpszbtagldp.jpg

Mines a 6*24*44 tasco varmint you can have a look when I come over.

I don't put it much past 12 mag really as you loose a lot of surrounding and if the range isn't quite right the focus goes off so 8 or 10 normally for me.

I would still say your grouping is off, is scope square not canting over or are you when your shooting?

Might be the newness might be you?

Yes I am not happy with it but I felt it was grouping slightly better. Scope is bang on as far as I can tell. Not aware of it being me but see how you get on with it.

Ps

If you get it grouping 1/2" you and I are over 😁

Ha I cant argue with that I love my 400

Was only having a laugh nothing meant with malice :innocent:

AA 410 was my favourite pcp and had a few.

Have you tightened the scope down in turn and level,even so plenty would be happy with your grouping,unless you are target shooter and selecting individual pellets lubed and carefully stored.

It will get much better once barrell is leaded in,have you tried pushing range out a bit further to see if pellet is on a better path,try moving target out 5yrds and see what happens then another 5 yrds !

See showing off now, I didn't think it was going to be close in.

Please tell me you were leaning on something because if it was free hand I'll get all giddy.

I didn't expect an air rifle fac or not to be able to perform at those ranges, always thought of fac air just giving a bit more range but more whack when the pellet gets there, I'm impressed.

I have a bipod on this gun (the only one i do actually )because as you can see its very capable long range

It was very still this eve and made for ideal conditions .

I shoot this on only 12x mag as the trajectory works with my ret .

The only other scope that would work is a 24 x monster that costs £400 and im not sure i can justify that scope to tighten those 90 yds groups a bit .

It is very hard to shoot those 90 yd groups but the 75 -80 yds groups are 1 inch easy

Ps the drop from its 45 yd zero is 15 inches at 90 yds .

Thats why cant elimination is paramount

There ia a massive jump in performance when you go to .25 over .177 or .22