Retirement

Davyo

I retired thirteen years ago at fifty six and have never looked back, I have contacts with work and they are all trying to retire early but no chance at present. I paid extra pension and that has paid dividends the wife and myself are free child care at present but that will end in September after three months in Greece. People at work use to laugh at my " Life Plan" which made me take out a maximum mortgage at thirty eight and buy a bigger house than I need so I could leave my job at fifty five even if there was no redundancy and downsize. And live on the profit. It is still my intention downsize and help the kids.

I have been seriously considering it but having taken a couple of months out I have decided I am not ready for retirement yet. Just don't have enough to keep me busy. I have mowed the lawn more than usual, done a bit of decorating, built a shoe rack (what a faff that was - I am just useless when it comes to doing stuff like this. Why are the tools never in the place I just put them? I am sure I have spent all my time hunting for tools that I have just used!). Congrats to all that have have managed a succesful retirement. One more month of 'gardening' leave and I can get back out.

I packed up work on my 60th birthday which was a Friday and I was back on the estate the next day to look after the guns on the days shoot , how is that for dedication :good:

Now ten years on , did I have any regrets ? , no not one , I think about money but I don't worry about it , my mortgage was paid off years ago and I tend to live a simple life but having said that I cant think of a day where I was bored ,

I am not saying it would suit every one as you need to do something with the amount of time you have got and who want to do gardening every day of the week , Good luck whatever you decide to do .

No this is my screensaver,I took part retirement at 50.Reduced my hrs to 24hrs then the following year 16 then 12.But when I lost my pal at Xmas i went down to 6hrs.Im 55 in October and that's me done.Probably they will tell me to go in August once my licences for our systems become dormant.

That's not a sock it's a fish