Seems to be more bugs about .

Harnser

Noticed over the last few days more splattered bugs on the windshield . Haven't seen this many bugs about for a couple of years or so in Norfolk . Any body else seeing bugs on their windscreen in different parts of the country . Got to be a positive thing .

Harnser

In short yes!

The other day on the coast road in Southport (North West), there was hundreds of thousands (literally!!) Mayflies I believe. I've never seen anything like it - I can only describe it as biblical proportions of them. It was disgusting. Over the slight dunes at the back of the promenade car park it was quite literally misty with flies I had to stop just to look and double check that's what I was seeing... the road looks like it was moving and they looked like heavy rain in on coming headlights!

The pictures genuinely don't do it justice.

6634D33D-F6B8-4FB0-BD33-49A6F66A8D42_zps

D00FCA86-2F40-4884-BDB3-82044E3D4291_zps

Edited by WinchesterDave

Non biting midges, not Mayfly.

How can such a nature spectacle be disgusting. Amazing, yes.

In short yes!

The other day on the coast road in Southport (North West), there was hundreds of thousands (literally!!) Mayflies I believe. I've never seen anything like it - I can only describe it as biblical proportions of them. It was disgusting. Over the slight dunes at the back of the promenade car park it was quite literally misty with flies I had to stop just to look and double check that's what I was seeing... the road looks like it was moving and they looked like heavy rain in on coming headlights!

The pictures genuinely don't do it justice.

6634D33D-F6B8-4FB0-BD33-49A6F66A8D42_zps

D00FCA86-2F40-4884-BDB3-82044E3D4291_zps

Edited by Penelope

Noticed over the last few days more splattered bugs on the windshield . Haven't seen this many bugs about for a couple of years or so in Norfolk . Any body else seeing bugs on their windscreen in different parts of the country . Got to be a positive thing .

Harnser

have seen and have got a lot of bugs about this year..............but the worrying thing is there are very ,,,very few swallows about flitting over the fields..................seen quite a few swifts...........well hear them anyway...but swallows no...... :hmm:

have seen and have got a lot of bugs about this year..............but the worrying thing is there are very ,,,very few swallows about flitting over the fields..................seen quite a few swifts...........well hear them anyway...but swallows no...... :hmm:

same here have not seen many swallows nor house martins a few swifts