Hearing protection

Cens passive.

Had mine for a few years now. Extremely comfortable, can have conversation with them or answer the phone; Gun shot is a mere crack. And the beauty is you can upgrade to the electronic at any time by removing the passive modules and inserting the electronic ones.

Edited by Cosd

Are they £80 or did I read the website wrong?

Don't know current price because I got mine probably 20 years ago (still use them weekly). Looking at the website I agree that it looks like £80 a pair - and I think I paid that sort of money for mine, so I think that is right. They are passive (i.e. just a moulded rubber insert), but comfortable, protect well, but I can hear very adequately to talk, take instruction, hear trap release etc.

Mould your own

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006ZLXQ72/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496829938&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mould+your+own+ear+plugs&dpPl=1&dpID=415pHvW9MEL&ref=plSrch

I did some a few years ago and still use them for game, in honesty they do not cut out as much noise as propper pro made ones so I don't use them for clays but I think it depends how well you make them, I didn't shove it far enough in my ear canal. Worth a punt for the money ???

I love my protacs (£120 i think after some shopping around).

Earplugs are very personal, i use them on the motorbike and for me the howard leigh max ones are by far the best. I have had two sets of custom moulded ones at much higher cost, lower comfort, and greater noise exposure.

3m do an easily removable christmas tree like one which is almost as quiet for me but not comfortable for over an hour.

For shooting i vastly prefer the protacs to any plugs i have used, the only problem is the bulky battery compartment on the left side (i shoot from the left).

I bought the noisebreakers and wish I'd bought cens as you can upgrade them to digital ones at a latter date, as the mouldy takes the digital unit. For me to change to cens now I have to start again with new modules etc!

The side note here is the noise breakers are excellent but not upgradable